Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

legallyblonde30

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
Hello MacRumors Community,

I have a new iPhone 4S, and as such wish to recycle my old iPhone 4.

To do so, I need to find out how many GB my old iPhone 4 had. I cannot access the "Setting" menu - I am aware of how to find the information through the phone, but I cannot turn the phone on.

I have every serial code possible for the iPhone. Is there any way I can find out the GB capacity of the iPhone without turning it on?

Many thanks for every helpful response.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Uh... isn't the Apple AXXX number uniquely identifies the device including carrier (if assigned) and capacity?

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
If you can get the serial # from the box then you can go onto apple's AppleCare website to "check" warranty. It'll display capacity. If not, check for the unlock status of your phone, it'll also tell you capacity.

Moreover, if you have the box, that will tell you as well.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
If you cannot turn it on *AT ALL*, and only have the phone itself (not the box,) then there is no way to identify the capacity. None of the numbers written on the back definitively identify capacity.

But, if it will not turn on, and you are simply recycling it, it doesn't matter what the capacity is. And if it is your old phone, shouldn't you know what capacity it is?

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
Guess and then send it off anyway. They'll soon correct you and adjust your payment accordingly.

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
Hello MacRumors Community,

I have a new iPhone 4S, and as such wish to recycle my old iPhone 4.

To do so, I need to find out how many GB my old iPhone 4 had. I cannot access the "Setting" menu - I am aware of how to find the information through the phone, but I cannot turn the phone on.

I have every serial code possible for the iPhone. Is there any way I can find out the GB capacity of the iPhone without turning it on?

Many thanks for every helpful response.

Did you have the 4 before the 4S was released? If so, it will be either 16 or 32GB, as 64GB was only introduced as an option with the 4S. Do you remember whether you bought the base capacity or not?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.