Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I have to bring my jb iphone 5 running 6.1.2 to the Genius Bar and I'm wondering if there's a way for me to unjailbreak it without doing a restore and having to update to 7 dot whatever. I'd like to preserve all of my data in the process if possible as well.

I know that I can do a DFU restore and wipe away all traces of my jb, but on the off chance that Apple can just fix what is wrong with my phone, I'd like to keep it on 6.1.2 so I can just jb again when I get back from Apple.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
I have to bring my jb iphone 5 running 6.1.2 to the Genius Bar and I'm wondering if there's a way for me to unjailbreak it without doing a restore and having to update to 7 dot whatever. I'd like to preserve all of my data in the process if possible as well.

I know that I can do a DFU restore and wipe away all traces of my jb, but on the off chance that Apple can just fix what is wrong with my phone, I'd like to keep it on 6.1.2 so I can just jb again when I get back from Apple.

use ilex rat and try to hide cydia.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
use ilex rat and try to hide cydia.

That will preserve my jb though. I'm looking to preserve my data and iOS version only while removing my jb completely. Is that impossible? If so, I'll have to DFU restore.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
That will preserve my jb though. I'm looking to preserve my data and iOS version only while removing my jb completely. Is that impossible? If so, I'll have to DFU restore.

Not possible

Either keep 6.1.2 with the JB or upgrade to stock 7.04

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Not possible

Either keep 6.1.2 with the JB or upgrade to stock 7.04

I was afraid of that. Oh well - gonna have to just bite the bullet and restore to stock for now. My friends have all been bragging about ios 7 anyway, so I guess I'll finally get to see what the fuss is all about.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
As I thought, they ended up swapping out my phone for a replacement so it didn't really matter if I preserved my jb or not. The replacement was already on 6.1.4, so another jb bites the dust:mad:.

We'll see how I like ios7 and if I can live without a jb moving forward.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.