Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redtape

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Apple new zeeland just confirmed that apple is focusing on gift cards over rebates this year.

My questions:
1. Say that I order a Macbook pro online, do I get the gift card as a code to use immediately or is it an actual card?
2. Assuming it is a code you redeem, could I for example buy the macbook and then use the 150$ gift card code to buy an subsidized iPad just 5min later? (And also get a gift card för that purchase)

mpantone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
I don't know what Apple NZ's policy is, however here in the USA, the gift card redemption code is sent within 24 hours via e-mail after the product ships (or is ready for in-store pickup).

I was pleased to see that Apple USA e-mailed me my Apple Store gift card redemption code within a couple of hours of getting the e-mail that my order was ready for pick up.

I suggest you contact Apple New Zealand directly for clarification on your inquiry as their policy may differ than that of the USA.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.