Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaenicky

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
Hey guy,

I recently bought nexus 7 2013. I absolutely love this thing. It's fast and I see no lag whatsoever except for when viewing PDFs. My iPad and iPhone is so smooth no matter how large or image heavy the PDF is but on n7 it's really laggy. I've tried various PDF viewers but nothing seems to do the trick. Any ideas?

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
Hey guy,

I recently bought nexus 7 2013. I absolutely love this thing. It's fast and I see no lag whatsoever except for when viewing PDFs. My iPad and iPhone is so smooth no matter how large or image heavy the PDF is but on n7 it's really laggy. I've tried various PDF viewers but nothing seems to do the trick. Any ideas?

Polaris Office came with my Note 3 and it's awesome. Note 3 is a powerhouse so I'm not sure how the processors/RAM compare but the app works great.

mikeoui

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2011
Milwaukee, WI, USA
Hey guy,

I'm looking at a Nexus 7 mainly for PDF reading and annotation and I went to test it out at Bust Buy last night. I definitely noticed lagging when viewing a PDF in Adobe Reader. So, I don't think it's just you. That said, the display model was "high jacked" to play a video when not in use so maybe that had some affect. I need to investigate this further since it would be my primary use for the tablet. (I really want a retina mini, but the price is out of reach for me at the moment).

jaenicky

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion everyone. Yeah I've tried adobe reader but it's just not smooth and when I zoom in there is delay while ipad2 has none. And it's with various PDF files.
It's not a make or break issue, I can certainly live with it but little surprised because otherwise n7 flies.

itsmeorthedog

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2013
King soft Office is great for reading PDF files. It's also a fantastic office suite. Have it on my Nexus 7.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cn.wps.moffice_eng

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Hey guy,

Go to developer options and enable force GPU rendering. It makes the official adobe reader butter smooth. They need to set the GPU rendering flag on their app. I emailed them about it. I always enable this developer option on all my phones anyway.

To access developer options go to the about tablet section in the settings app and tap the build number 7 times. The GPU rendering option makes huge difference in so many apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.