Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imjoee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
sometimes when i go to shut my Macbook air then open it again it goes to a black screen but every i try to open it the apple sign stays lit and the keyboard is still lit when i close and open it, also still black screen. it has happened to me 3 times in the past 2 weeks. i always wind up forcefully shutting down and turning back on. what should i do ?

i bought it in mid august.

mpantone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
I suggest you make an appointment with the Genius Bar at a nearby Apple Store and have one of their technicians look at your system.

Note that Apple technicians have special diagnostic tools and procedures, most of which require physical access to the device in question. It's hard to completely diagnose computer issues in a anonymous bboard like MacRumors.

In your case, you don't even bother to mention the version of the operating system, which is probably one of the first things a qualified technician will confirm.

Trying to get a piecemeal diagnosis online is hazy at best.

Good luck.

mvmanolov

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2013
if the apple store is far from you before you head out do a PRAM and SMC reset and see if that changes anything :D

imjoee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
I suggest you make an appointment with the Genius Bar at a nearby Apple Store and have one of their technicians look at your system.

Note that Apple technicians have special diagnostic tools and procedures, most of which require physical access to the device in question. It's hard to completely diagnose computer issues in a anonymous bboard like MacRumors.

In your case, you don't even bother to mention the version of the operating system, which is probably one of the first things a qualified technician will confirm.

Trying to get a piecemeal diagnosis online is hazy at best.

Good luck.

ok, i will call apple and see what they say. thanks

----------

if the apple store is far from you before you head out do a PRAM and SMC reset and see if that changes anything :D

im going to call apple and see what they say

MsMerryMac

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
Bumping for curiosity...

This just happened to me this morning, the screen went black when batt was at 17%, apple logo stayed lit when screen closed. Fresh SMC upgrade as of 12/03...anyone else have this issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.