Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benjamwes

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2013
UK
Hi

I have currently got my mac calendar in sync with my google calendar by using the GoogleDAV account. This works fine so when I create/delete an event in the mac calendar it also does the same on the google one and vice-versa.

However I have just got set up with iCloud and was looking for a way to sync this calendar with Google calendar, mac calendar and iCloud.

So far I have the two calendars called 'Home" and 'Work' which are synced with iCloud and a calendar which is my google account that is synced with google calendar. So when I want to make a new event I have to go into mac calendar, create it in the google calendar and also create it in one of the ones that's connected to iCloud.

Is there any way to make it so if I create an event in either the mac calendar, iCloud or Google calendar for it to sync to all the others?

Sorry if this is confusing, it's a bit tricky to explain! :p

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

TheHareBear

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2008
Edinburgh, Scotland
BusyCal

BusyCal did this job for me for a while (MBP/Hackintosh/iPad*2/Android phone). I stopped using it as I had moved to an iPhone and also would have had to upgrade to upgrade to the Mavericks-compatible version for on-going support.

There is a free trial you can use to see if it meets your needs, which it sounds like it would. I tried various other free options to see how they went and just ended up with the usual massively duplicated calendar items that plague this sort of functionality, I didn't with BusyCal.

hth,
Andrew

benjamwes

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2013
UK
BusyCal did this job for me for a while (MBP/Hackintosh/iPad*2/Android phone). I stopped using it as I had moved to an iPhone and also would have had to upgrade to upgrade to the Mavericks-compatible version for on-going support.

There is a free trial you can use to see if it meets your needs, which it sounds like it would. I tried various other free options to see how they went and just ended up with the usual massively duplicated calendar items that plague this sort of functionality, I didn't with BusyCal.

hth,
Andrew

Thanks, I'll check it out - it sounds interesting!

benjamwes

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2013
UK
Out of curiosity, why do you need to do this?

I don't really, but I might be getting a phone soon that uses google calendar and it would be nice to have it in sync with the same mac calendar that is synced with iCloud. :)

mjt57

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2013
South Eastern Australia
I don't really, but I might be getting a phone soon that uses google calendar and it would be nice to have it in sync with the same mac calendar that is synced with iCloud. :)

I use Google Calendar exclusively for my cal syncs between iPhone, iPad, Mac Mini and Macbook Air.

I have about a dozen calendars for different categories (work, social, home, family, etc.) so I can display them as different "categories", I s'pose you could call them and that they also have different colors associated with each of them.

Recently, I moved to Thunderbird with the add-ins, Lightning and the Lightning/Gcal Sync tool. It took me a while to set that up, but it's working fine on both Macs.

I'll be devastated if Google decides to remove that functionality like it did with its Windows/Outlook Gcal Sync. I'd have revert to those woeful Mac apps, Mail and Calendar...

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
I rely on Google calendar in addition to an exchange server calendar at work. Both sync fine between my Macbook Air (iCal), iPad and Samsung (android) phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.