Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
First backup your computer with something like "superduper." Start up the computer holding the command and r keys down to get to recovery HD clean install, then manually copy over your files from the backup you just made and reinstall applications.

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
I will try that. In the mean time any idea what is going on with my menu icons. Would be nice to see what is causing the erratic behavior.

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
Everything is fine now not sure what happened.

I went to apple forums (official ones). And one guy suggested reboot in safe mode.

So I rebooted in safe mode. Same erratic behavior. Right side flashing off and on. The stayed stable. And allowed me to click on the icons. Exceot no sound detected in safe mode and one of my usb hard disks was not detecting either. But disk utility said it was ok, really wierd. So I rebooted again into safe mdoe to double check and same thing. But the icons worked. Not staying blue like before. Anyhow not sure what is wrong with normal mode but safemmode was fine. Menu bar icons worked ok. Then I restarted back to regular mode. And all was fine bug srprise. Not sure why. But the icons were not blue anymore. Everything is good now. Not sure what happened. Even normal non safe mode works good now. Don't know what happened.

Anyway thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.