Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

byfirstsnow9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2013
Hello Everyone!

Not certain that this hasn't been posted elsewhere, but I did a search and couldn't find anything similar.

I've been having an issue with my 2009 Mac Book Pro since installing Mavericks. Sometimes, when the computer goes to sleep (charged and connected to power source) it still requires a hard restart to 'wake up.'

I recently had to force a restart when I had an untitled, unsaved Pages document open. Upon restart, imagine my joy to find that the untitled document was still open on my desktop! Along with Safari, still open with my previous tabs. The Pages document was shaded and had a pinwheel spinning within the window, but I thought nothing of it, since the most recent version of the text was still there. As the computer continued to reboot, however, the document simply vanished. Pages remained open, but the document was gone.

I cannot find any record of the untitled document. Is there any chance, since it was still open on restart, that it might be floating around somewhere? Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.