Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mvmanolov

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
So, i have both net boot and net install images from my previous server app of both ML and MAV. However, it seems that i am unable to use (won't boot into either image) them with the current version of the server app. Any clue as to why that may be?

mvmanolov

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
ok, so here is some more info.. So when the net boot etc images are located on the second drive (HDD) in the mini it won't work. but if the images are located on the primary drive (osx SSD) then it works no problem.

Any ideas?

----------

And some more info. So when i load the images and client data onto a partition of the SSD (not the one holding the os) it won't work.

By not working i mean that when i boot i will see the images but when i select those to load from them it goes straight to using the drive on the client machine :(

So maybe now any ideas?

stuckwithme247

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2003
My experience has been you have to make a ML client image on ML server, but you can host that NetRestore from your Mavericks server. I did this booted to an external volume with ML server on my Mav server. Not sure about "NetBoots" or "NetInstalls". I haven't tried booting the NetRestore of a ML client machine yet, but it does have that green light.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.