Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hismikeness

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
I recently moved from one house to a new one. I set up my Mac Mini, most recent version Airport Express, 2 iPads and 2 iPhones connected.

When I check the Find My iPhone App on my 5s, it shows any of the devices connected to the wifi from the Airport Express as at the location of the old house even though they are all being used and connected to the internet at the new house. I have an entirely new ISP, and am not using the same modem as the old house, in fact the new house has Ethernet (static IP) Internet.

Currently, one phone is out of range of the wifi, and is showing the correct location. Anything that is or has been connected to the router recently is showing the location of the old house. It's as if the settings in the router haven't been updated... is there a way to do that?

----------

Edit: I turned wifi off on my 5s and it displayed generally the correct location (I have only one dot of LTE) but as soon as I turned wifi back on, the location jumped to the old house location.

Bizarre...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.