Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AminNobakht

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2013
hi
I faced this problem last night and I've searched lots of places and forums for solution
when I was trying to update iPhone 4 from ios 6.1.3 to 7.0.4 after the first part of restoring and verifying iphone restore I saw a 3194 error and phone reboots and stuck on recovery mode.
I used ifaith to check for shsh but there was no shsh for that device.
is there anyway to downgrade or use ios 7.0.4 on this device?

AminNobakht

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2013
no dude, device was not jailbroken.

P.N:

I have done editing host file.

if I don't repair that phone I have to buy another one for my customer.
I just have 5 hours to repair it ...

Last edited:

AminNobakht

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2013
I write Below Guide

Windows, navigate to C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/ and find the file that’s named “hosts”

You’ll mostly have this line at the bottom of the file:
74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
Either comment this line out by typing a single ‘#’ (without the quotes) in front of the line (before 74) or remove the line entirely.
Now, save the hosts file and then try updating your iPhone through iTunes.
In most cases, the error shouldn’t pop up now.

this should work. To me, I had my iPhone jailbroken too many times. So that’s when TinyUmbrella comes to the rescue.

Fixing iTunes Error 3194 for a Jailbroken iPhone using TinyUmbrella

TinyUmbrella is a cool little software that you probably have heard of already.

Note #1: TinyUmbrella and this method are actually part of the 3194 error fix for “downgrading” your iOS firmware. But in some cases (like ours), it worked for an update too. It’s mostly because we had a jailbroken iPhone that wasn’t restored to factory settings. Here’s how it works:

Note #2: If you wish to downgrade, you’ll need to save SHSH blobs either to your local drive or on Cydia. Right now, Cydia has saved SHSH blobs up to iOS 5.1.1; you’ll need to save the SHSH blobs of your device (and you can use TinyUmbrella for this).

Download the iOS firmware that you wish to upgrade/downgrade your iPhone to. (in our case, we went for iOS 6 from a jailbroken 5.1.1)

Download TinyUmbrella

Connect your iPhone and close iTunes if it pops open automatically.

Open TinyUmbrella and then click on ‘Start TSS Server’

Put your iPhone in DFU (Here is a quick guide to do this)

Now, if you are updating your firmware, you’ll have to click on Shift+Restore (Win) / Option+Restore (Mac) and point it to the iOS ipsw file you downloaded in step 1.

Hopefully, iTunes will restore it to the correct iOS firmware you pointed to and update your iPhone to it.

tnx for your guide
but:
I've used to edit host file
2- i've used tiny here
3- i've used shsh using ifaith, redsnow and also tiny BUT

NO SUCCESS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.