Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayasinsk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
My coworker has an iphone 4 and she finally updated to ios 7. She set a password but typed it in wrong 6 times and now her iphone is disabled. She has never used her computer at home to sync with iTunes. The phone says: "Iphone is disabled, connect to iTunes." I tried connecting her phone to my PC with iTunes and I get the following message: "Itunes could not connect to the iphone because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your password on the iphone before it can be used with Itunes." while the phone is saying "iPhone disabled, connect to Itunes". I have also tried restoring her iphone by entering it into recovery mode and restoring it with latest ios. The restore process starts going fine but at the very end I get the following error: "The iphone could not be restored. An unkown error occured (3194)." and the iphone is back to the "Disabled" screen. I have tried restoring it 5 times. Before telling her to go to the Apple store is there anything else I can try? Thank You.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
My coworker has an iphone 4 and she finally updated to ios 7. She set a password but typed it in wrong 6 times and now her iphone is disabled. She has never used her computer at home to sync with iTunes. The phone says: "Iphone is disabled, connect to iTunes." I tried connecting her phone to my PC with iTunes and I get the following message: "Itunes could not connect to the iphone because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your password on the iphone before it can be used with Itunes." while the phone is saying "iPhone disabled, connect to Itunes". I have also tried restoring her iphone by entering it into recovery mode and restoring it with latest ios. The restore process starts going fine but at the very end I get the following error: "The iphone could not be restored. An unkown error occured (3194)." and the iphone is back to the "Disabled" screen. I have tried restoring it 5 times. Before telling her to go to the Apple store is there anything else I can try? Thank You.

Look up error 3194 and see what it relates to. If anything try another computer. It usually works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.