Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
I sold my black iphone 5.

always liked how all 3 devices kinda matched on the desk.

i really like the gold model though.

if u guys had a retina macbook and black ipad mini, would u get black to match or gold?

I just like the gold cause its a new different color.

just wondering your opinions if u were in my position.

buying unlocked so this aint gonan be cheap!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I sold my black iphone 5.

always liked how all 3 devices kinda matched on the desk.

i really like the gold model though.

if u guys had a retina macbook and black ipad mini, would u get black to match or gold?

I just like the gold cause its a new different color.

just wondering your opinions if u were in my position.

buying unlocked so this aint gonan be cheap!
You question is irrelevant except in the case of gold, which you already like.
The 5s does not come in black. White, gold, or Spaced-Out gray. No black.

The pHan

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008

Enough with the technicalities, space grey is black. Every single person in the world without a doubt knows what someone means when they say black iphone 5s. Just like how you mistaked the silver 5s as a white one.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Enough with the technicalities, space grey is black. Every single person in the world without a doubt knows what someone means when they say black iphone 5s. Just like how you mistaked the silver 5s as a white one.
Technicality? :confused:

It's gray! Not black. If you order a black sports car and they deliver gray would that be a technicality?

And could you please point me to whatever post there is where I mistook a white 5s for silver (gray)? Nevermind that that is a technicality too…

Or were you completely mistaking me for someone else who posted somewhere else? Because this is the first post I've made about the 5s and it's colors in about several weeks or so.

EDIT: Maybe you meant this thread?

Take a look and you won't find me anywhere in that thread.

Last edited:

The pHan

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
Technicality? :confused:

It's gray! Not black. If you order a black sports car and they deliver gray would that be a technicality?

And could you please point me to whatever post there is where I mistook a white 5s for silver (gray)? Nevermind that that is a technicality too…

Or were you completely mistaking me for someone else who posted somewhere else? Because this is the first post I've made about the 5s and it's colors in about three weeks or so.

There is no option for a white 5s. It is a silver 5s. If you told someone there's white, gold, and space gray but it's actually silver, gold, and space gray; is that a technicality or completely wrong? I say technicality because everyone calls the silver 5s white and the space gray black.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
OK. Silver then.
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2013/09/10Apple-Announces-iPhone-5s-The-Most-Forward-Thinking-Smartphone-in-the-World.html

According to Apple: Gold, silver or space gray. You may want to consider space gray black and you may assume that space gray is black.

Put a space gray 5s that you call black next to a black iPhone 5 and you will see a difference. Space gray may have the black front, but the finish is most assuredly, not black.

My opinion and whatever you or anyone else wants to think or accept as understood is fine. But as for me, space gray is gray. Not black. Sorry.

iPhone 5 black on the left, iPhone 5s space gray on the right.

And if the correct term is grey and not gray then you got me. Sorry. :)

Attachments

• url.jpg
    url.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 117,300

The pHan

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
Sorry for the tread jack. Both the black and gold iPhones look awesome. The space gray offsets the black screen really well and the gold is so new I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012

and someone with common sense would know what i mean by black iphone 5s.

technically speaking, the space grey is also black. whats the color of the front of the iphone? it aint grey

go troll somewhere else

coleblk

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2013
Get the space gray. I tried to go with white to change it up but I hated the white border around the screen. The 5s with the black front and discreet touch ID sensor is so stealthy.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
and someone with common sense would know what i mean by black iphone 5s.

technically speaking, the space grey is also black. whats the color of the front of the iphone? it aint grey

go troll somewhere else
Yes, the color on the front is black. But the finish is gray.

Gray is a tint of black, yes, but we don't call gray black. Fine though, call it what you want, that's your business. But you can't tell me your iPhone 5s is the same shade as the black iPhone 5 you sold. Even Apple calls it Space Gray and not black. So, until Apple changes the marketing to show that they are selling a black iPhone 5s and not silver, gold or space gray then I will keep referring to it as Space Gray and not black.

I'm not trolling, I'm registering an opinion. There's an ignore button for users here. Use it. I'm going to. But other than that, only the mods can throw me out of MR and I've done nothing to warrant that.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
When you think about it, the black = gray is about as accurate as the gold = gold.

Both Apple's incarnations are a pale shade of the color they represent.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Does Mr. Norris knows the iPhone Gold is a Champagne Gold diluted with 2 parts of water so from a distance it can be confused with silver?

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Space Gray or black and slate? Space Gray itself is a nice color but I think it clashes too much with the black top and bottom. I prefer solid Space Gray like on the iPad and the more stealthy black and slate.

But if you like the gold then get it.

When you think about it, the black = gray is about as accurate as the gold = gold.

Both Apple's incarnations are a pale shade of the color they represent.

so what color is black again? :confused:

Does Mr. Norris knows the iPhone Gold is a Champagne Gold diluted with 2 parts of water so from a distance it can be confused with silver?

That's the best part about Gold. Subtle and not blingy.

back to the main topic, my point was if u guys had a retina mac (it has the black frame around the screen) and a black ipad mini , would u guys get black to match?

jca24

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2010
DFW
back to the main topic, my point was if u guys had a retina mac (it has the black frame around the screen) and a black ipad mini , would u guys get black to match?

YES, already, get black, gold is girly and it caters to the D&G crowd.

:apple:

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota

Unless you have Space Gray iPad mini, "black" won't match anyway.

Just get the model you like instead of being preoccupied with what matches.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.