Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayasinsk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
My coworker has an iphone 4 and she finally updated to ios 7. She set a password but typed it in wrong 6 times and now her iphone is disabled. She has never used her computer at home to sync with iTunes. The phone says: "Iphone is disabled, connect to iTunes." I tried connecting her phone to my PC with iTunes and I get the following message: "Itunes could not connect to the iphone because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your password on the iphone before it can be used with Itunes." while the phone is saying "iPhone disabled, connect to Itunes". I have also tried restoring her iphone by entering it into recovery mode and restoring it with latest ios. The restore process starts going fine but at the very end I get the following error: "The iphone could not be restored. An unkown error occured (3194)." and the iphone is back to the "Disabled" screen. I have tried restoring it 5 times. Before telling her to go to the Apple store is there anything else I can try? Thank You.

paradox11

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2013
My coworker has an iphone 4 and she finally updated to ios 7. She set a password but typed it in wrong 6 times and now her iphone is disabled. She has never used her computer at home to sync with iTunes. The phone says: "Iphone is disabled, connect to iTunes." I tried connecting her phone to my PC with iTunes and I get the following message: "Itunes could not connect to the iphone because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your password on the iphone before it can be used with Itunes." while the phone is saying "iPhone disabled, connect to Itunes". I have also tried restoring her iphone by entering it into recovery mode and restoring it with latest ios. The restore process starts going fine but at the very end I get the following error: "The iphone could not be restored. An unkown error occured (3194)." and the iphone is back to the "Disabled" screen. I have tried restoring it 5 times. Before telling her to go to the Apple store is there anything else I can try? Thank You.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4451?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.