Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G0meZ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
my ip5 with ios6.1.2jb is getting increasingly buggy, slow downs, hangs and restarts and such...
is there any way I can find out what software might be causing this?

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
The "fun times" I don't miss about jailbreaking, digging around flunky Cydia app update.

Unfortunately, you need to find the last app you've updated through Cydia and do some serious research on it and see if its safe to remove. Back in the days, removing "some" Cydia apps cause my devices to go into a crash loop and getting out of a crash loop is such a pain in the ass, which you're trying to avoid resorting to restoring.

G0meZ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
yeah its a bitch...
don't understand why there isn't an good system analysis software showing usage of all hw-components per app/process :mad:

removed most of cydia apps i don't really need. no change

but: removed my rss feader called 'reeder' (from the app store) and that seemed to help. after trying some alternatives i returned to reeder - i'll see if it starts causing problems again...

Last edited:

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
yeah its a bitch...
don't understand why there isn't an good system analysis software showing usage of all hw-components :mad:

removed most of cydia apps i don't really need. no change

but: removed my rss feader called 'reeder' (from the app store) and that seemed to help. after trying some alternatives i returned to reeder - i'll see if it starts causing problems again...

I've been using Reeder by Silivo Rizzi for years and never seen it slowdown any jailbroken or stock iPhones and iPads in anyway. Only time I've seen a problem with an AppStore appe was an old ver of Skype that was idling in the multitask dock in iOS 3, they didn't properly use iOS's multitask method and Heywire, both caused battery drains.

Give this a try, another Macrumor member posted this awhile ago.

iLEX RAT: Restore a jailbroken device to stock

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
I hope you can figure it out and np at all.

Totally forgot some apps from the AppStore cause temp performance slowdowns such as Transit, but once you flush your RAM or reboot your iDevice everything is back to normal.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.