Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TommyA6

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2013
Noticed one thing.
On iPad air, when I select a preview image on the App Store (to enlarge it), the animation is awfully laggy (android 2008 laggy, 5 fps). This is with increase contrast OFF. When I turn increase contrast ON, the same animation is buttery smooth. There are obviously some issues with transparency in iOS 7, and it's not only when it is used (like keyboard). There is no transparency used in image preview in the App Store, yet, it is very very laggy.
I guess smoothness is the only thing we lost (or went backwards) with iOS 7 (currently), for me at least.. Hopefully 7.1 fixes all of this issues.
Try the same thing on your devices and post. (It is smooth on my iPhone 5)
:)

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
7.1 fixes much of this. Further proof it's the software even buggy on a fast device. It'll be a long time before all that 64 bit power will ever be put to use.

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
iOS 7 has MAJOR problems maintaining good framerates with transparency enabled (aka with Increase Contrast disabled). See - going back a page in Whatsapp, activating Spotlight, rotating the keyboard... Thing is, with transparency disabled it's even more hideous.

iOS 7 really IS as reminiscent of pre-4.0 Android as far as optimization goes. Except iOS 7 gets no slack, because the number of different devices to deploy it is much smaller and all drivers were written by Apple themselves.

TommyA6

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2013
iOS 7 has MAJOR problems maintaining good framerates with transparency enabled (aka with Increase Contrast disabled). See - going back a page in Whatsapp, activating Spotlight, rotating the keyboard... Thing is, with transparency disabled it's even more hideous.

iOS 7 really IS as reminiscent of pre-4.0 Android as far as optimization goes. Except iOS 7 gets no slack, because the number of different devices to deploy it is much smaller and all drivers were written by Apple themselves.

It runs better on my iPhone 5 than on my Air. It needs a fair amount of optimization, especially for ipads. 7.1 beta 1 seems noticeably better.(At least judging by posts here).

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
My r mini lags when I change the orientation in appstore, messages and so on, but all those fancy animations and blur are activated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.