Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sir Loin Steak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
England
In all my years of computing, I never had to even think about mail merging, but now in my nascent business, I find that I have a need for it.

But apparently it's not to be found in Pages! Arghhhh.

Having got over the initial pain of finding this out, I need to use another program to do my word processing - can anyone suggest one?

Lastly, shall I uninstall Pages and get rid?

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
When you upgraded to iWork '13, iWork 09 was moved to a folder. I deleted the new versions and am using the old software. The folder should be called "iWork 09".

Sir Loin Steak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
England
Maybe I'm doing something wrong in that case (oops!)

What conditions do I have to satisfy to get the mail merge from being greyed out?

I have a single page document open, and when I go to merge, it's exactly that - greyed out.

Any ideas what I might be getting screwed up?

Sir Loin Steak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
England
I'm drawing blanks here - I can't find anything (easily) that explains how merge works.

At times I find references to Numbers - a search for mail merge on Goggle just brings up references to Word and Pages in a general sense.

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
I lived in Window's-world for 22 years. When I had to do mail merge I was working with Word. I'm semi-retired now and have no use for mail merge so I don't know how it works in Pages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.