Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Dec 20, 2005, 08:33 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Apple launches IT pro resource site

Category: Apple Services
Link: Apple launches IT pro resource site

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Dec 20, 2005, 11:32 AM   #2
Silencio
macrumors 68000

Where have you been?

This site has been available for well over a year now.

Unfortunately, Apple has allowed this site to stay under the radar for the most part. I've talked to a few corporate IT-type folks who were curious about the Mac, but couldn't find anything but consumer-grade information on Apple's web site. Thankfully, the ITPro site answered most of their questions.

Apple has a few compelling enterprise products, but they have obviously not been pushing too hard in this space over the past few years. Apple does need to put a few more pieces in place to be truly competitive in the enteprise: more robust admin tools and more on-site support/repair options would make a difference to big customers.

I'm glad to see Apple wisely wait until they're good and ready to make a big push into the enterprise, but c'mon! Get ready already!
Old Dec 20, 2005, 11:39 AM   #3
maya
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio
This site has been available for well over a year now.

Unfortunately, Apple has allowed this site to stay under the radar for the most part. I've talked to a few corporate IT-type folks who were curious about the Mac, but couldn't find anything but consumer-grade information on Apple's web site. Thankfully, the ITPro site answered most of their questions.

Apple has a few compelling enterprise products, but they have obviously not been pushing too hard in this space over the past few years. Apple does need to put a few more pieces in place to be truly competitive in the enteprise: more robust admin tools and more on-site support/repair options would make a difference to big customers.

I'm glad to see Apple wisely wait until they're good and ready to make a big push into the enterprise, but c'mon! Get ready already!

It all started with the Xserve 1U product, and OS X Server. Things take time, and Apple is not willing to make the same mistakes in the past, slow and steady, right.

Remember, people and companies will not invest in Apple Server solutions off the top...without any history and performance. Desktop and the consumer market is one thing. Having Pixar movies and shorts render on Mac hardware is also a positive step in the right direction.

:. it's here!!! .:
maya is offline   0
Old Dec 20, 2005, 11:48 AM   #4
yellow

Yeah this is really old news..

I was excited because it linked my home site as a good resource!

http://www.apple.com/itpro/resources.html

(MacOSXHints)
yellow is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion