Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Angitop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2013
Ok,

So I downgraded from Mavericks to Mountain Lion and I used Time machine through an external drive.

I partitioned my hdd, leaving the "HD Macintosh" as the 1st one at the top and created a new one called "bunny" with only 90gb.

After reinstalling the tutorial said I should erase the "HD Macintosh and leave the bunny one since it was my start up disk and where everything loaded, so I deleted the Macintosh HD, then I tried to make the Bunny partition bigger but I couldnt since it was the bottom one, so the space above (disk utility) ended up empty...

I had a problem while updating Mountain Lion and it didnt let me go further than log in, after logging n it would show a white screen and then go back to the log in screen.

I tried to do the same thing I did when downgrading but this time after installing mac os x it opened up the window and session I left open before the logging in issue. Since I did the whole process again, I partitioned the disk, this tme on the space left empty i set a partition called "Jack" , apparently everything uploaded on to "Bunny" Again so my start up is still bunny, but at least now I have a usable second partition, i DONT WANT ANY PARTITIONS ANYMORE and I dont get why would I want one i dont get it.

How do I merge both partitions and make it one big hdd or is it ok to delete bunny? OR What if I drag and drop bunny on to Jack...??

Any ideas? thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.