Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camardelle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Texas
I picked up a first gen Mini during the turkey day break. It's awesome! How will it run the new iOs? I installed iOS7 onto my iPhone 4 and frankly I wasn't overly impressed. It was a little slow. On my 5s I'm really liking the new iOS.

My question is for those of you who updated to the newer iOS on your first gen Mini, how are you liking the upgrade? Do you still consider it an upgrade or are you having remorse or regrets about doing it?

Any input is welcomed. Thanks!

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
I picked up a first gen Mini during the turkey day break. It's awesome! How will it run the new iOs? I installed iOS7 onto my iPhone 4 and frankly I wasn't overly impressed. It was a little slow. On my 5s I'm really liking the new iOS.

My question is for those of you who updated to the newer iOS on your first gen Mini, how are you liking the upgrade? Do you still consider it an upgrade or are you having remorse or regrets about doing it?

Any input is welcomed. Thanks!

Wait for iOS 7.1... It is bit better than current iOS 7.0.4.... Speed wise, it certinaly little slower than iOS 6...but still acceptable for me...

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
iOS 7 is OK on the 1st gen Mini but it's obvious that the low RAM available in the Mini isn't quite enough. I'm hoping that's a bit better in 7.1 but I'm not testing 7.1 on my Mini.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
That's how I felt with my iPhone 4. LOL

To be fair, the iPad mini (and iPhone 4S) are a lot faster than the iPhone 4. I like the new features in 7 enough that the upgrade was well worth the compromise.

camardelle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Texas
That's why I'm asking the experts. You guys are very knowledgable. Thanks for all your help.

RickTaylor

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2013
If you decide to upgrade, I hope you'll tell us your experience. I'd be very interested to know what you find.

camardelle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Texas
If you decide to upgrade, I hope you'll tell us your experience. I'd be very interested to know what you find.

Well, I did the upgrade today. Overall, even if only having tested it for a brief time I can say that it is 100 times better than the iOS was on my iPhone 4. I also upgraded my 5s and am pleased with the changes there also, even though they certainly aren't as noticeable as they are on my 1st gen mini.

So far, I'd do it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.