Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

efex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2013
I've been on the iPhone band wagon since 2009. I've owned the 3GS, 4, 4S and my wife has the 5. I did not feel the need to upgrade to the 5, and somewhat feel the need to upgrade to the 5S. But, I think I'm getting bored with iOS. So, I was at Best Buy and had hands on with the Nexus 5. I love the phone, but have had bad experiences with Android. My first android phone was the HTC Aria and I couldn't handle it, this was back in 2011. Then a couple of months go I tried the Samsung Note 1, and went back to iOS in a day.

I figured since Nexus 5 is Android untouched, and have been told it's a good introduction to Android.

For those of you who are running an Android phone and using an iPad, how are you syncing everything together? I assumed I could use Dropbox to sync my photo's, and I could use iMessage via email.

miltonbull

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2011
Sweden
I own a galaxy s4 and a ipad mini retina. Using google for contact/ calendar and gmail. works flawlessy on the ipad. the new gmail app with background updates work great. Photos I use dropbox and g+ both works good on both devices. I dont use iMessage so cant say reply on that one.

I think its a good idea too use third party apps for most stuff, easier with syncing. I use evernote for notes, wunderlist wich also has great website and mac os x app for reminders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.