Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NeoiPad

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
UPDATE:

I can confirm you that Apple has fixed this issue in iOS 7.1 Beta 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8LC_8jFYGo

This is stressful

I have an iPad Air and I CAN'T DO anything in Safari. ANYTHING
If I'm composing a message in a board, and I switch to another tab, when I come back to the previous tab, it reloads

This is very annoying and I'm tired of this
Steve Jobs said that the iPad had the best browsing experience, but this is not true

And I forgot to mention the constant crashes of Safari. 3 or 4 times a day since I have the iPad Air
I used to love Apple, but not anymore

Last edited:

red321red321

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2013
I had the same problem with the iPad 1. Could only open a few tabs before a crash. I'm now using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with a ton of memory and never have such issues.

Jambalaya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2013
UK
I had the same problem with the iPad 1. Could only open a few tabs before a crash. I'm now using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with a ton of memory and never have such issues.
Sorry to hear that. I am still using my iPad1 every day, had it since just after launch. Fabulous and I always have lots of tabs open. Never used up my 64gb of memory. I've never a second's thought to getting any other tablet.

----------

This is stressful

If I'm composing a message in a board, and I switch to another tab, when I come back to the previous tab, it reloads

Steve Jobs said that the iPad had the best browsing experience, but this is not true

And I forgot to mention the constant crashes of Safari. 3 or 4 times a day since I have the iPad Air
ANYTHING - not prone to exaggeration perhaps ?

NeoiPad

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013

I don't like Android tablets because of the input lag of the display

----------

Sorry to hear that. I am still using my iPad1 every day, had it since just after launch. Fabulous and I always have lots of tabs open. Never used up my 64gb of memory. I've never a second's thought to getting any other tablet.

----------

ANYTHING - not prone to exaggeration perhaps ?

Maybe, cause now I'm very angry

I tried to copy links from one tab to another 5 TIMES, and I did not succeed
iPad did not let me

ugcop

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Traveling @ Warp Speed ...... USA
After reading ALL your posts. I would recommend reducing the stress in your life. I can't find anything you like. It must be a miserable existence.

Really, either learn to live with the iPad or get rid of it. The constant rants are not healthy.

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2012
New York
I was on here right after I got the Air on launch day complaining about crashes and I honestly have to say over the last two or so weeks Safari has been tremendously better. It was crashing multiple times a day and now I can't remember the last time it crashed. I don't know if this was the .4 update or me or something else.

As for reloading tabs, it still does that. I could see how that'd be annoying on messaging boards, why not get the Tapatalk app?

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007

Can't blame Steve anymore...

But I, too, am ready for a fix to Safari crashes. Just not as dramatically ready as you are.

Charliebird

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
This is stressful

Have you opened up a ticket with Apple support?

NeoiPad

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Have you opened up a ticket with Apple support?

It would be useless

There are a lot of threads like this, with people having the same problems as mine

It's an iOS 7 issue, and Apple should fix this ASAP

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
This is stressful

Return. Buy a samsung. Quit posting here.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
While refreshing tabs are annoying... they certainly wouldn't drive me this crazy. I don't find I have such a severe issue with my Air. Sometimes it does reload and that's okay... other times it doesn't.

I think it is time you put the iPad back in the box and return it to the apple store. Clearly you aren't having a very good experience with it.

NeoiPad

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Yet somehow you thought another thread here just like the others would not be useless. Please explain.

Maybe, and only maybe, if Apple sees a lot of threads talking about this issue, they will hurry up fixing the problem

Charliebird

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
It would be useless

There are a lot of threads like this, with people having the same problems as mine

Agreed but pressing the issue by opening support tickets will help expedict the issue.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I think Steve did well in designing the device to minimize spec and still have a smooth usage experience.

Ipad 1 was revolutionary, Ipad 2 was even better at the time because none of the apps are eating up so much ram causes the pages to reloads all the time.

Now its 2013, many many apps are resource hungry and Ipad 2013 is still offering us only 1 gb ram to save cost for Tim Cook to pleased shareholders. Soon no one will spend 499 for a tablet that can't run more than 1 web page.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Maybe, and only maybe, if Apple sees a lot of threads talking about this issue, they will hurry up fixing the problem

One problem with that logic: Apple doesn't look at these threads. They DO look at bug reports and support tickets.

Posting here and expecting Apple to see it and do something is worse than useless, if you don't back that up by contacting Apple support and registering your frustration directly.

If that doesn't motivate you, then think of it as a stress reliever, getting to rant at someone working for Apple.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
It would be useless

If it was iOS 7 then everyone would be having it. I for one am not. And I bet there are many others that are.

Return the iPad. End of all your issues. Get a nice net book instead

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
I got in my iPad air in black at Walmart on Thursday. And I have not had not one bug with safari I use only one tab And safari works vary well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.