Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mneerhof

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2013
Hi guys,

I am a proud user of a macbook pro late 2011. I liked it but it is 15 inch (to big for me) how much do you think my macbook is worth?

Specs:

MacBook Pro
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB 1333 Mhz DDr3
Intel HD Grapics 3000 384 mb
Built-in Color LCD Display

Please comment what you think.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. You can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for.

themumu

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2011
Sunnyvale
I would have to say that while prices you see on eBay and http://www.mac2sell.net are sensible as a starting point, a lot depends on your location too. I recently sold an old MBP of mine and while I listed it at a price similar to what mac2sell suggested, I ended up selling it for about 20% less, to a local buyer who paid cash. I would not have this option if I did not live in a large city.

eBay prices could be a little higher, but you would lose about 15-20% to eBay+Paypal fees, plus there is a higher potential for buyer fraud which could give you anything from a major hassle to loss of whatever money you made on the transaction, so I try to avoid it for selling high priced items if possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.