Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notaznguy

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
I bought an iPad Mini 1st Gen on sale during Cyber Monday. It's already pre-loaded with iOS7 so I don't have to install it when I turn it on.

However, I bought the item as a gift for someone and that person will not be seeing this iPad until a month from now.

If anyone has bought a new iPad Mini 1st Gen within the last few weeks, can you confirm if your iPad Mini is laggy with iOS7? I've read on forums that some people's iPad Minis were lagging after they installed iOS7. Although this one already has it pre-installed, I'm not sure if that will make a difference or not.

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
The insides of the first ipad mini are similar to the ipad 2. Apple has recently released the ipad air (5th ipad). So yes you might see lag.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
I bought an iPad Mini 1st Gen on sale during Cyber Monday. It's already pre-loaded with iOS7 so I don't have to install it when I turn it on.

However, I bought the item as a gift for someone and that person will not be seeing this iPad until a month from now.

If anyone has bought a new iPad Mini 1st Gen within the last few weeks, can you confirm if your iPad Mini is laggy with iOS7? I've read on forums that some people's iPad Minis were lagging after they installed iOS7. Although this one already has it pre-installed, I'm not sure if that will make a difference or not.

I've seen a little lag, but not too much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.