Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
UK
Ok so just setup my new iPad Air and downloaded iPhoto, I think I may be being stupid but how the hell do you resize a photo?

I can see how to crop, adjust brightness etc but can't find an option to resize?

Am I being stupid?

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Am I being stupid?

Well, you were assuming Apple included all the basic functionality in their app. ;) (I shouldn't complain, iMovie finally lets me fade music at the end of a video.)

I've only recently played with iPhoto on my iPad, but I don't see a resize function either. If you really want this functionality, Filterstorm is a very powerful app. It also allows you to add canvas to the sides (or top) of a photo so that iMovie will allow you to see a whole portrait photo in one frame (another basic function missing). There's a lot more than that, but the learning curve may be a bit steep. I keep chipping away at it, and finding gems.

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
UK
Well, you were assuming Apple included all the basic functionality in their app. ;) (I shouldn't complain, iMovie finally lets me fade music at the end of a video.)

I've only recently played with iPhoto on my iPad, but I don't see a resize function either. If you really want this functionality, Filterstorm is a very powerful app. It also allows you to add canvas to the sides (or top) of a photo so that iMovie will allow you to see a whole portrait photo in one frame (another basic function missing). There's a lot more than that, but the learning curve may be a bit steep. I keep chipping away at it, and finding gems.

No image resize option is just crazy I refuse to believe it :D

Will have a look at some alternative apps, was trying my best to be a loyal Apple Fan Boy :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.