Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 10, 2013, 08:42 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

iPhone 5s Now Shipping Within 24 Hours in Nearly All Countries

Less than a week after experiencing a significant improvement in shipping times for new online orders throughout the world, the iPhone 5s has seen its availability improve once again with models now shipping "within 24 hours" in nearly all of Apple's online stores for countries around the world. The GSM-compatible SIM-free iPhone has also improved to a shipping estimate of 3-5 business days.

Following the launch of the iPhone 5s, supplies were significantly constrained, especially for silver and gold models. Shipping estimates slipped to 7 to 10 days hours after the phone was released and then slipped further to two to three weeks for an extended period of time. The rapid improvement in availability indicates that Apple is quickly reaching supply-demand balance for the iPhone 5s three months after its debut.

According to reports, Apple has significantly ramped up its iPhone 5s production over the course of the last month while cutting back on iPhone 5c production, which has resulted in improved supplies in time for the Christmas holiday.

In-store supplies of the iPhone 5s are also reported to be nearing 100% availability, with all colors and capacities of the phone available for immediate pickup at many of Apple's retail locations across the United States.

Last week, Apple also released shipping deadlines to ensure customers receive gifts by December 24. According to the guidelines, the iPhone 5s must be ordered by midnight December 18 to arrive ahead of Christmas.

Article Link: iPhone 5s Now Shipping Within 24 Hours in Nearly All Countries
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 08:45 AM   #2
darijoe
macrumors regular

Only 81 days later...
darijoe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 08:54 AM   #3
munakib
macrumors regular

So sweet.....this isnt a rumor, 5S is old news. Find something better to report MC.
munakib is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 08:57 AM   #4
Just1BadApple
macrumors newbie

I'm sure this means that demand has tanked. Apple is Doomed!
Just1BadApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 08:58 AM   #5
KdParker
macrumors 68020

I would hope so by now. But this will help with the Christmas shoppers knowing they can get the gifts for the holidays.
KdParker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 09:11 AM   #6
osx11
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by darijoe View Post
Only 81 days later...
Only 280 days before the iPhone 6 comes out.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1BadApple View Post
Apple is Doomed!
Getting old!
osx11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 09:11 AM   #7
yossi
macrumors member

It never stops amazing me that apple charges $200 for 48gb of storage. You can literally buy two 16gb phones for what you pay to upgrade the storage on one..
yossi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 09:13 AM   #8
QCassidy352
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossi View Post
It never stops amazing me that apple charges $200 for 48gb of storage. You can literally buy two 16gb phones for what you pay to upgrade the storage on one..
No you can't... Unless you mean you're signing another contract. The 16 gb costs $649 (I think) and the 64 costs $849. So yes, a lot more, but nowhere near twice the full retail price of the 16 gb.
QCassidy352 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 09:23 AM   #9
barkomatic
macrumors 68030

No one cares about iPhones anymore at this point--its all about the PS4 and Xbox One.
barkomatic is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 09:26 AM   #10
HenryDJP
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
No one cares about iPhones anymore at this point--its all about the PS4 and Xbox One.
LOL, you just said exactly what I was thinking.
HenryDJP is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 09:44 AM   #11
john.banken
macrumors newbie

Oh what a surprise! Just in time for the holiday season! I didn't see that one coming!
john.banken is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 09:52 AM   #12
Rootus
macrumors 6502

Quote:
If you're a fanboy it just means they've managed to achieve the near impossible task of ramping up production to meet demand. Go Apple!

If you're a realist, it means production is at full capacity and the initial surge of gotta-have-it-now buyers is done.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:54 AM   #13
Dionte
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to Dionte
Gave me too much time to come to my senses.
Dionte is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:17 AM   #14
ChrisA
macrumors G4

Serious Question: How well can humans perform this task?

In other works if I ask a human a question of the type I might ask Siri, how often would my question be misunderstood? The human might answer wrong or he might say "I didn't hear" or something. I bet the normal human performance is well below 90%

It's not that we are dumb or don't listen. It's normal in conversation to misunderstand and ask for clarification. We say "What?" quite a bit. Teachers almost always know to say things three or more different ways. I'd bet most peole would score below the 90% level

It could be possible for Siri to beat humans in this game.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCassidy352 View Post
No you can't... Unless you mean you're signing another contract. The 16 gb costs $649 (I think) and the 64 costs $849. So yes, a lot more, but nowhere near twice the full retail price of the 16 gb.
All Apple would need to do is have a slot for a micro SD card. Then people could buy flash at retail prices. Not having a slot is due entirely to greed. Apple simply wants your money.
ChrisA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:17 AM   #15
djtech42
macrumors 65816

Great news. It's a shame I'm only a year through my contract though.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:49 AM   #16
Thunderhawks
macrumors 68020

[/QUOTE]All Apple would need to do is have a slot for a micro SD card. Then people could buy flash at retail prices. Not having a slot is due entirely to greed. Apple simply wants your money.[/QUOTE]

Not having a slot is totally by design and what they want the user experience to be.

The iPhone is a closed piece of equipment only with an opening for recharging.

Adding an SD card means putting something inside that requires contacts and a slot to read the card, is an opening that could get damaged by careless consumers, they use bad media, blame Apple and it may make the iPhone thicker or there simply is already little space left, etc., etc.

Apple designs it products the way it wants and your only choice is to buy or not to buy.

Yes, they want to make money, but in their design process chances are that savings from offering SDs vs. their memory offerings are minute.

I have also been waiting for increased capacity of the iPone 128GB etc., but for now it doesn't exist, so I'll wait.

If any of what they offer is not what you want, wait or buy something else.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:15 PM   #17
Tech198
macrumors 68040

"Nearly" ??? Not good enough Apple.

"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."
Tech198 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 03:30 PM   #18
Bryan Bowler
macrumors 65816

Thanks MacRumors! Now that I read the news you posted, I went out and bought a Silver 64GB 5s and a Silver 32GB 5s. Now waiting or worrying about when it will get here...just picked them up and am finalizing things on iTunes as I type this.

Good stuff,
Bryan
Bryan Bowler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 05:07 PM   #19
Just1BadApple
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootus View Post
If you're a fanboy it just means they've managed to achieve the near impossible task of ramping up production to meet demand. Go Apple!

If you're a realist, it means production is at full capacity and the initial surge of gotta-have-it-now buyers is done.
Relax, I was being sarcastic. Supply on shelves means more impulse purchases. When I was in an AT&T store soon after the 5S release, several people came in wanting the new iPhone. They were told it would have to be ordered. They left with Android phones.
Just1BadApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 08:29 PM   #20
dampfnudel
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Maybe it was fun for people to say Apple is doomed to show off their impressive sarcasm skills at some point, but now it's getting freaking annoying. I wish people would stop saying it over and over. Then again, if you keep saying it, at some point in the future, it could turn out to be true.

----------

Quote:
Relax, I was being sarcastic. Supply on shelves means more impulse purchases. When I was in an AT&T store soon after the 5S release, several people came in wanting the new iPhone. They were told it would have to be ordered. They left with Android phones.
If they left with Android phones, it probably had more to do with them wanting a larger screen than the availability of the iPhone at the store since ordering online is no big deal for most people. In other words, bring on the iPhone 6 with a bigger screen.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 08:34 PM   #21
Navdakilla
macrumors 65816

Iphone 6 or bust
Old Dec 11, 2013, 12:33 PM   #22
winston1236
macrumors 65816

That certainly took long enough.
winston1236 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 05:40 AM   #23
dumastudetto
macrumors 6502a

This is great news for consumers who want the best of breed products from the world's most innovative company.
dumastudetto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 06:31 AM   #24
overbidmeblog
macrumors newbie

Indeed ,great news for all consumers.
overbidmeblog is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion