Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wimusia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
After a day of searching with Google and trying a lot, am I unable to make a usb flash drive bootable with an iso provided by Samsung. (Only 3 MB) in order to upgrade the firmware of my 256 GB EVO Samsung SSD.
The Windows people play it easy, they can update their firmware with a Samsung Windows program. For OS X you have to make a usb flash drive with Samsung's .iso file.

But how to do? I did three months ago, the very first firmware upgrade I found on a link which I cannot find again. It was 2 or 3 lines commands in a terminal window, I thought.

Who can help me out?

Sent from my Mac Mini 16 GB memory 256 GB SSD - OS X 10.9 Mavericks

ddebuty

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2014
SSD Upgrade

After a day of searching with Google and trying a lot, am I unable to make a usb flash drive bootable with an iso provided by Samsung. (Only 3 MB) in order to upgrade the firmware of my 256 GB EVO Samsung SSD.
The Windows people play it easy, they can update their firmware with a Samsung Windows program. For OS X you have to make a usb flash drive with Samsung's .iso file.

But how to do? I did three months ago, the very first firmware upgrade I found on a link which I cannot find again. It was 2 or 3 lines commands in a terminal window, I thought.

Who can help me out?

Sent from my Mac Mini 16 GB memory 256 GB SSD - OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Hi,

Did you ever figure out how to do the updagrade with a bootable usb? Please help if you did as I am trying to do the same.

Thanks!

Wimusia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
Hi,

Did you ever figure out how to do the updagrade with a bootable usb? Please help if you did as I am trying to do the same.

Thanks!

No i borrowed a cd writer, created a bootable cd from Samsungs image and upgraded in a minute :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.