Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luckylisp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
NY state
How widespread is this issue? Are a lot of you experiencing it?

I have been experiencing it quite a lot with the iPad Air's I have had (I've made exchanges) and also my current one. I'm talking with no tabs open, just the main one. Daily crashes. Yesterday I had about 5 crashes. I experience it in Safari, Chrome, and Mercury browsers just doing regularly browsing. No one site in particular, it just seems random. I have noticed zooming in to see something better seems to make it happen a lot.

Again, this is not due to having a lot of tabs open as I don't have any. I also clear out/close any programs I'm not using. It never happens in game apps for me, only browsing.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I have this happening on my iphone 5, iPhone 5s, IPad Air, IPad mini with retina, and my IPad 2. It happens too much, but I still love all said devices

SenorDD

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2013
When you exchange, don't upgrade to iOS 7.0.4 if 7.0.3 is on it. Seems more stable.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
Thanks imagine. Can't wait for 7.1.

+1

On one hand I am glad to hear that Apple got a lot of the bugs worked out in iOS 7.1 but on the other hand, I am disappointed that their QC (or lack of) allowed iOS 7 to be released for iPads in all of its buggy, laggy, memory-leaking form. I expected something more polished from a company like Apple that constantly advertises their harmonious union of hardware and software.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
You are not alone. 7.1 is going to solve most if not all issues. I am running the beta and had no issues, apart from a single Safari crash (before the update Safari would crash very often).

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
+1

On one hand I am glad to hear that Apple got a lot of the bugs worked out in iOS 7.1 but on the other hand, I am disappointed that their QC (or lack of) allowed iOS 7 to be released for iPads in all of its buggy, laggy, memory-leaking form. I expected something more polished from a company like Apple that constantly advertises their harmonious union of hardware and software.

I agree and me being in the software QA field for a living makes this hurt even more! C'mon, apple!:mad:

;)

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
You are not alone. 7.1 is going to solve most if not all issues. I am running the beta and had no issues, apart from a single Safari crash (before the update Safari would crash very often).

Where did you see it mentioned that this is addressed in 7.1?

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-15 at Sunday, December 15, 2013,8.46.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-15 at Sunday, December 15, 2013,8.46.14 AM.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 184

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Hmm... :)

iOS 7.1 is really a must and I hope Apple releases it this year, so that everybody can enjoy the smooth animations and the great stability of the OS.

It really would be nice. I haven't been affected by any issues but it's time to get this ironed out once and for all.

McPc

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
CA
I am really happy/relieved to read to that 7.1 will take care of the tab reload and hopefully the Safari crashing.

Yes, the crashing does start to get on my nerves at times and agree that Apple should have done more testing or waited before releasing iOS7 but I imagine that had to kick it out the door with the release of the iPhone 5s

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
I am really happy/relieved to read to that 7.1 will take care of the tab reload and hopefully the Safari crashing.

Yes, the crashing does start to get on my nerves at times and agree that Apple should have done more testing or waited before releasing iOS7 but I imagine that had to kick it out the door with the release of the iPhone 5s

Tab reloading is still an issue. It has gotten better, but don't expect miracles...

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Petvas,

So, where did you read or see any comments from Apple that 7.1 addresses safari issues…

Running the beta means nothing. Did Apple say they addressed this issue in the Beta release notes or have you assumed they did?

BTW.. I run 7.0.3 and don't have these safari issues…does not mean its not happening.

----------

my iPhone crashes more than my iPad air. I just thought it was an iOS 7 thing.

I would say you are 100% right. My iPhone on IOS6 never crashes. But, neither does my iPad Air on IOS 7.

Odd intend.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
Apple often includes fixes without mentioning it in the release notes. I have been using the beta for a week now and Safari doesn't crash, and the OS is much more stable and fast. Isn't that proof enough for you?

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
Apple often includes fixes without mentioning it in the release notes. I have been using the beta for a week now and Safari doesn't crash, and the OS is much more stable and fast. Isn't that proof enough for you?

Saying "safari is snappier" is not proof.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
Saying "safari is snappier" is not proof.

Who said that? Read the forums. There are many people reporting how much better iOS is with the latest beta. Only because Apple doesn't mention anything, that doesn't mean that they didn't fix lots of things.
Before 7.1 I had crashes almost every day, especially when using multitasking. These crashes are gone.
Safari would crash 5-10 times a day. After the 7.1 update it crashed only one time on me.

If you still don't believe that 7.1 is a great release that solves almost all issues of iOS 7, then what can I say...

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Crashing problems on iPad Air

Who said that? Read the forums. There are many people reporting how much better iOS is with the latest beta. Only because Apple doesn't mention anything, that doesn't mean that they didn't fix lots of things.
Before 7.1 I had crashes almost every day, especially when using multitasking. These crashes are gone.
Safari would crash 5-10 times a day. After the 7.1 update it crashed only one time on me.

If you still don't believe that 7.1 is a great release that solves almost all issues of iOS 7, then what can I say...

I notice less crashing/resprings in iOS 7.1 beta 2 but it still crashes once in a while. I still experience the multitask crashing issue but less in iOS 7.1 beta 2. Only thing I notice is different is the notification center "no notifications" text and faster animations.
Nothing really changed that much in iOS 7.1 b2.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007

Ah so you made an assumption and now spread it around as fact.

My ipad air 7.0.3 does not crash so i guess ill assume there is no issue with Safari.

I do hope your assumption is right.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
Ah so you made an assumption and now spread it around as fact.

My ipad air 7.0.3 does not crash so i guess ill assume there is no issue with Safari.

I do hope your assumption is right.

I suggest you read the developer forums. Apple has fixed most issues with 7.1 and that is a fact, not an assumption..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.