Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:41 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

'LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga' Arrives in U.S. App Store

Warner Bros. Entertainment and TT Games' LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, a part of the popular LEGO series of video games, has arrived in the App Store.

The game is a combination of two games released in 2005 and 2006 called LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy and is credited with not only revitalizing the LEGO brand, but also kicking off the successful LEGO video game series.

LEGO Star Wars is a 3D platforming game that involves light puzzles in levels that re-tell the stories of all six Star Wars films, allowing players to play as characters such as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Darth Vader and over 100 others.

While the game doesn't include iOS game controller support, it does, like the other LEGO games, allow users to use either the "classic" or "touch" control scheme.

Quote:
36 STORY MODE LEVELS + BONUS CONTENT

From the Trade Federation's "negotiations" with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn in The Phantom Menace to the space battle above Endor in Return of the Jedi, play the most memorable and exhilarating scenes from your favorite episodes. Also unlock special bonus content featuring Bounty Hunter missions, a special Challenge Mode, Arcade Levels, and more!

OVER 120 CHARACTERS

Play as your favorite Jedi Knight or Sith Lord! There are over 120 playable characters to unlock, including Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Han Solo, and Boba Fett.

FORCE POWERS

Which side of the Force will you use? Both dark and light side characters have their own unique Force abilities. Will you use a Force Throw to defeat the Jedi or choose your Lightsaber and Force Push to take down the evil Empire?

LEGO STYLE GAMEPLAY

Smash objects into LEGO bricks and switch characters on the fly as you play through different story levels. Create your own Star Wars character mash-ups like Han Windu and Lando Amidala!

DYNAMIC CONTROL STYLES

Switch between "Classic" and "Touch Screen" controls to find the play-style that suits you best
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga is available in the App Store for free. Episode 1 is a free download, but Episode II to Episode VI are in-app purchases. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga' Arrives in U.S. App Store
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:45 PM   #2
skywalkerkenobi
macrumors newbie

Great game, I have the mac version.

Last edited by OllyW; Dec 12, 2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: celebrating first post
skywalkerkenobi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:51 PM   #3
mattbaar26
macrumors regular

The only one I'm seeing is the yoda chronicles
mattbaar26 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 12:33 AM   #4
impulse462
macrumors 6502a

I played these when they first came out and they were surprisingly quite enjoyable. Glad to see them on iOS.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 02:14 AM   #5
Nozuka
macrumors regular

do they have multiplayer support? the xbox360 version had it, was great fun..
Nozuka is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 03:00 AM   #6
DaveMcM76
macrumors member

I used to have this on my xbox 360 (back when I used to have an xbox 360) and it is an awesome game... and for once it looks like freemium done right where first episode comes free as a demo and then there is a single reasonably priced IAP to unlock the rest of the game - no constant nagging for microtransactions before you can move forward.
DaveMcM76 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 03:24 AM   #7
BillyBobBongo
macrumors 68000

What's with the focus on the U.S. App Store? This was released globally, why such a inward-looking title?

The San Andreas article also has the same self-serving style. You are aware that the internet, and this site, is read by people outside of the United States?!
Old Dec 12, 2013, 05:54 AM   #8
lewisd25
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBobBongo View Post
What's with the focus on the U.S. App Store? This was released globally, why such a inward-looking title?

The San Andreas article also has the same self-serving style. You are aware that the internet, and this site, is read by people outside of the United States?!
Wait...you mean there is a world outside of the U.S.??
lewisd25 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 06:29 AM   #9
overbidmeblog
macrumors newbie

Start playing right now. Never play this game before.
overbidmeblog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 06:41 AM   #10
Ivan0310
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga is available in the App Store for free. Episode 1 is a free download, but Episode II to Episode VI are in-app purchases.
$4.99 per trilogy or $14.99 for the whole thing (includes extras)? That's pretty steep. I'll stick to the console.

Last edited by OllyW; Dec 12, 2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: quoted deleted post
Ivan0310 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 08:07 AM   #11
vmachiel
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalkerkenobi View Post
Great game, I have the mac version.
Too bad they have to go the in-app purchase route to get people to play buy this. I still prefer a 7-10 game with everything included.

Last edited by OllyW; Dec 12, 2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: clean up to quoted post and response
vmachiel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 10:46 AM   #12
JAT
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisd25 View Post
Wait...you mean there is a world outside of the U.S.??
Don't worry. He's only funnin' ya. There isn't.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:24 AM   #13
jclardy
macrumors 68020

So is there actually a free level? Or just walking around the Cantina? All the people I went up to were IAP's.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion