Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sully677

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Does anyone know the release date of this product?

I'm trying to hold out, but I could use a keyboard soon.

Thanks

AppleInLVX

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2010
Does anyone know the release date of this product?

I'm trying to hold out, but I could use a keyboard soon.

Thanks

I'm in the same boat. I'm beginning to wonder if they'll EVER realease the silly thing. They must be losing so much cash to Logitech. You'd think they'd be more interested in getting it out there.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Zagg has released the Zaggkeys cover for iPad Air. This keyboard cover is also in direct competition with the Belkin Thin Type. By the time it is released, if ever, the market will be saturated. The pictures and video look great but not great enough for people to throw away their Logitech or Zagg keyboard covers.

Last edited:

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Has anyone ordered yet

Has anyone ordered this yet? If so when will it be shipped?

Please give a brief review when it arrives that includes a picture of the back or underside. Belkin conveniently has never shown what that side looks like.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I ordered last night. Will take some pics when I get it!

I really hope they really have them in stock and aren't waiting for a number of orders before final production. They could have a future date for availability and opened advanced orders. I notice Amazon doesn't show any available yet. They haven't sent any to reviewers yet.

Please forgive my negative outlook. since they are showing silver unavailable maybe that's an indication that they are being realistic about "in stock".
I wish us all, that are interested, good luck.

zea mays

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
I really hope they really have them in stock and aren't waiting for a number of orders before final production. They could have a future date for availability and opened advanced orders. I notice Amazon doesn't show any available yet. They haven't sent any to reviewers yet.

Please forgive my negative outlook. since they are showing silver unavailable maybe that's an indication that they are being realistic about "in stock".
I wish us all, that are interested, good luck.

Oh, I totally agree! That's why I figured I'd try and just see. I'll keep you guys posted!

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
anyone see this?
If you have purchased a QODE Keyboard and upgraded your iPad to iOS 7 you may have experienced issues with your iPad freezing. While the problem is rare and is not unique to Belkin Keyboards, it occurs with all Bluetooth keyboards during syncing to the iPad. This is due to functionality change in iOS 7 that was not present in iOS 6.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Ipad Air Freeze Issue

I own the Belkin Ultimate Keyboard Case and the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard cover.

The Belkin has caused my Ipad to freeze requiring a reset about once every two weeks. It happens mostly when I let it set in the open typing position for a long time. I believe it has something to do with the strong magnets that hold it in place. It happens so infrequently that it doesn't bother me much. A reset, if you save your work, isn't that big a deal.

The logitech has never caused the iPad to freeze, but I never leave it setting open in typing position because of the greater chance it might be knocked over and damage the ipad.

Maybe Apple will have a solution with IOS 7.1.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Just got the shipping email a bit ago....

That was quicker than i expected. I will be curious about the appearance of the back, how securely it holds the iPad, and whether it arrived in good condition. i have had some problems with quality control with Belkin and out of the box damage.

zea mays

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
That was quicker than i expected. I will be curious about the appearance of the back, how securely it holds the iPad, and whether it arrived in good condition. i have had some problems with quality control with Belkin and out of the box damage.

It was faster than I expected, too. I'm curious too! I'll keep you all posted.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I just noticed that the Belkin site now shows the grey model isn't available and the silver model is available. Since I only want grey now i can relax for a while since I can't get the model I want. i wish I knew what they're up to.

In a matter of minutes the site now shows neither is available. This is sure interesting.

Last edited:

zea mays

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
I just noticed that the Belkin site now shows the grey model isn't available and the silver model is available. Since I only want grey now i can relax for a while since I can't get the model I want. i wish I knew what they're up to.

In a matter of minutes the site now shows neither is available. This is sure interesting.

Bizarre! Mine is definitely on the way. Tracking shows it should be here on Friday.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
freezing . . .

Just adding a datapoint. I have two ClamCase Pro's, and also get an occasional freeze. Not often enough to get too annoyed, but it would be nicer if it did not happen . . .

turtles

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2011
Just rec'd mine in the mail today. Charging right now as it came completely dead. Based on look and feel, seems solid and well built. I currently have both the Logitech and a belkin....as far as look and feel, the Belkin is in the lead. I'll get to type more on it tomorrow, so will report back then.

It's the space gray one btw. Ordered it on Sunday.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Just rec'd mine in the mail today. Charging right now as it came completely dead. Based on look and feel, seems solid and well built. I currently have both the Logitech and a belkin....as far as look and feel, the Belkin is in the lead. I'll get to type more on it tomorrow, so will report back then.

It's the space gray one btw. Ordered it on Sunday.

Could you take a photo of the aluminum back. There are no pictures or renderings of that.

I also would like to Know if the gray anodizing matches iPad Air's space gray color.

Last edited:

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I would love this keyboard design!

But I see that the quote marks and question mark are oddly placed.

I know (from past keyboard experiences) that even keys you only use once a minute will drive me CRAZY if misplaced.

No sale :(

After some research I'm about to post my roundup of Air keyboard cover options... each seems to have a fatal flaw! But I think this one's flaw is too great.

zea mays

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
Here are some quick pictures. Not sure I'm 100% in love with it but I'm going to give it some time.
e3a6e9yh.jpg
quvemusy.jpg
4abuqaqe.jpg
a4ytyqab.jpg
ugy3a2e2.jpg
y6yju3uh.jpg

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Here are some quick pictures. Not sure I'm 100% in love with it but I'm going to give it some time.

Thank you very much Zea. It is exactly what I needed. The bottom is complex. It doesn't look like a small laptop. I kind of like the look, like nothing else out there. I was beginning to think the bottom was plastic, but I see there is only a small amount of plastic. I will order when it becomes available.

Does the grey match?

Is the hinge aluminum or plastic?

Is the quality control good, no damage out of the box?

Do the magnets feel secure, both in the slot and closing?

What are you not in love with? The appearance, the build quality?

Thanks again.

Last edited:

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
I just do not understand why Belkin would move the colon button down near the space bar. Horrible. I'm a writer by trade and this really screws up the writing process. I've been using a Zaggkeys Cover for the iPad Air for months now and I love it. The keys are spaced well and I've had no issues. I was hoping Belkin would have fixed this key layout issue. Evidently not!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.