Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Henno89

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2013
Hi,

im looking for a nice dustproof/waterproof case for my iphone 5s.

The problem is that im living in germany, so its hard to get some of the newest cases for the 5s.... and theres still the problem with the fake ones.

I could get my hands on a "real" lifeproof fre ( iphone 5 version) or a "real" incipio atlas ( the iphone 5 version, too).

Right now i have a screen protector on the front and back of my iphone. I can imagine that there might be some issues with some of these cases - i expect them to fit very tightly and/or my screen protector could reduce the screen sensitivity.

So, does anyone use a dustproof/waterproof case like the lifeproof fre or the incipio atlas with screen protectors on their iphone?

Which case would be my number 1 choice?

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
I've read conflicting reports about the Fre. Lifeproof recommends you don't use one as it could compromise the seal, but i've read reviews, even on here, where people have said they can use shields just fine, and it even somewhat negates the "pillow" effect

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
I've read conflicting reports about the Fre. Lifeproof recommends you don't use one as it could compromise the seal, but i've read reviews, even on here, where people have said they can use shields just fine, and it even somewhat negates the "pillow" effect

Would the touchID work with a Fre?

I am interested in one since I have a screen protector as well

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Would the touchID work with a Fre?

I am interested in one since I have a screen protector as well

There is a new 5/5S compatible version of the Fre that works with TouchID, but it's only been available for a couple of weeks now, so there's a lot of the of the iPhone 5 only non-touch ID stock out there. Just make sure you're ordering the 5/5S version and you should be good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.