Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Here is how my setup is. I have my laptop (win xp pro) with me at school and a eMac at home. I have my iPod set to auto update songs on my laptop because I am normally on that computer. When I come home though, all of my songs are outdated on my eMac. I was using "PodUtil" to take my songs off of my iPod and to my Mac; however, I still do not have the same song count on the two computers. Primarily because I cannot remember what songs need updated on to my mac. So I was wondering if there is a program that will automatically auto sync the songs on my ipod to my mac (a reverse iTunes sync).

Oh, and by the way, all of these songs are legal. I am not trying to do this with illegal music. Any help is welcomed! :)

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Rather than sync the tunes on your iPod to your two computers, you could put a data partition on your iPod (so that you can store arbitrary data on one part of your iPod's disk) and then use it to transport your entire music library from one computer to the other, just by copying the song files from one computer and importing them into iTunes on the other. Your iPod would serve as the portable disk to carry the files between computers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.