Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guitarman777

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
Orlando, FL
Been having a consistent issue where my iPad 2 (running iOS 7) won't backup to iCloud. Doesn't matter if I trigger the backup manually or just plug it into power and let it do its thing overnight.

Example: right now the progress bar is at around 15-20% and the time left indicates less than one minute. It's been that way for the past hour. :confused:

Anyone have any suggestions? I did a search through the posts here on top of searches through Apple Support pages & Google, nothing useful came up. Thanks in advance!

guitarman777

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
Orlando, FL
Are you on iOS 7.0.4?

Aside from asking the obvious question if iCloud Backup is turned on, only other thing I can think of is to suggest a hard reboot, then try again.

Yeah, latest version. I'll try a hard reboot again, pretty sure I already did once but hey, here it goes again. =)

EDIT: This second attempt at the hard reboot seems to have done the trick. The progress bar has actually progressed and there's only a few minutes left. Thanks!

Last edited:

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
Yeah, latest version. I'll try a hard reboot again, pretty sure I already did once but hey, here it goes again. =)

EDIT: This second attempt at the hard reboot seems to have done the trick. The progress bar has actually progressed and there's only a few minutes left. Thanks!

Glad it worked out for you. Always amazing what quirks that reboot can fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.