Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mobiletaylor

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Noticed something weird when watching movies on my Mini. When I’m using my headphones to adjust volume the screen seems to get washed out. Blacks aren’t as black. It takes a few seconds and then goes back to normal. This is repeatable every time I adjust volume. Sometimes the screen will get washed out at random times when I’m not adjusting the volume. Has anyone else seem this? It is getting very annoying!

JT

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013
Noticed something weird when watching movies on my Mini. When I’m using my headphones to adjust volume the screen seems to get washed out. Blacks aren’t as black. It takes a few seconds and then goes back to normal. This is repeatable every time I adjust volume. Sometimes the screen will get washed out at random times when I’m not adjusting the volume. Has anyone else seem this? It is getting very annoying!

JT

I have noticed this exact same problem. It hasn't bothered me too much because I'm not constantly adjusting the volume, but yes it is annoying.

I'm exchanging today for a larger storage option, so maybe I will get a better experience in this regard.

mobiletaylor

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Did you notice this with the new one? It sure is annoying. Especially because it happens even when I don't use the volume switch :-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.