Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the6abds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2013
You folks helped great last time so I am back.

I installed Mavericks server onto my mid 2011 Mac mini, with a 1 and 3 tb drives daisy chained to the firewire port. the 3 tb is dedicated as a Time Capsule. When it restarted the four users that had a share on the mini were already included as users. Currently getting the 6 laptops in the family backed up is my priority. I have two questions?

1 I backed up the mini to the 3 tb drive, however it does not show in the server/time machine app that it has been backed up. It seems to function ok, it backs up regularly and I can enter the "Time Machine" ok. Is this normal, correct or ok?

2 I would like to back up my laptop first, do I need to create a new user for it or do I log in as the user that is already set up? (I have a share of the mini already) I would like the two computers to be in sync.) Will two computers logged into the same share confuse the Time Machine? This is true of my wife's laptop also.

Thanks in advance.

Blake

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.