Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
Well for a start it looks like the content is mostly encoded in Real Media Format

I don't recall a simple way (if there is a way at all) to get this media onto your iPod

The iPod video reads MPEG 4 and H.264 (Also MP4)

Bluesharpman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
LikeTelevision.com

Well for a start it looks like the content is mostly encoded in Real Media Format

I don't recall a simple way (if there is a way at all) to get this media onto your iPod

But the downloads are MPEGS and something call ISO DVDs. I just bought this thing. Is there a 3rd party conversion application. I think the downloads would look great if I can figure out how to convert them.

Thanks,

Bluesharpman

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
Bluesharpman said:
But the downloads are MPEGS and something call ISO DVDs. I just bought this thing. Is there a 3rd party conversion application. I think the downloads would look great if I can figure out how to convert them.

Thanks,

Bluesharpman

Ah ok my mistake, it says that you can download MPEGs, however these videos are in MPEG 1

You could use something like QuickTime Pro to convert this into an MP4, the trouble is that you get the video but you lose the audio part, (QT can't take the audio from a MUXED MPEG 1 Video) plus QT is slow at coverting anyway

I'm no expert but I can send you here:

Apple Discussions

Scroll down the page and there are a few ways that you can get your videos to work with the iPod

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.