Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
So I got a new Paperwhite this holiday season, and after registering it, I logged on Amazon's "manage my kindle" page. I was caught off guard at how there were many dictionaries of different languages, and I very much recall never buying any e-dictionaries for any platform. There were a bunch that appeared the day I registered the Kindle, and there were a bunch from September of this year.

Is this usual?

Add: just in case, I also did a credit card log check for September in case I was hacked into, and there was nothing logged on my usage pattern, meaning no one bought it under my name.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
No, that's typical. Amazon is also opening their Kindle Store to more countries. So yeah, you will have more and more access to more dictionaries overtime.

That's nice to know. Here's to hoping a Korean dictionary pops up, as long a shot as it may be.

Are these dictionaries re-accessible if you remove them from the Kindle library, or are they gone forever?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.