Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bww

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
On my pc in iTunes I backed up my daughters old ipad then restored it to her new one (she doesn't have pc or Mac). All went well and they were exactly the same EXCEPT all my apps (I have an ipad too) were copied to her new ipad.
We have different apple I'ds. The problem is that on a couple of apps that we had in common it asked for my apple ID when she tried to update an app through the App Store.
We deleted all of my apps on her new ipad and she was able to update the app by deleting it then downloading again after signing out and signing back in to App Store.
My question. Will this be a problem in the future? Why did it copy my apps to her ipad?
Thank you

bww

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
I am replying to my own question because I found out why this happened. I should have made a seperate iTunes library for her with just her apps.

My questions is now what about the apps we had in common, will she always get prompted with my ID and need my password to update these apps?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.