Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
I'm not too sure about the 5s...
Sell me on why it is a good or bad phone, do u recommend it...
Say I just walked into an Apple store and your an apple geek... Try to sell me this phone ( or not sell it if you don't like it)...
Should I buy a 5s or not?
Also, what color?
What carrier?

Last edited:

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
Dude just drop it.

Everyone chooses a phone for different reasons. We know you like the 5c which is a great phone.

It all comes down to preference. For example a ps3 and a ps4 both get the job done but not many games out for the ps4 to tale advantage of its power. Just like with the 5s

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
Dude just drop it.

Everyone chooses a phone for different reasons. We know you like the 5c which is a great phone.

It all comes down to preference. For example a ps3 and a ps4 both get the job done but not many games out for the ps4 to tale advantage of its power. Just like with the 5s

Maybe I am considering one as a gift...over buying the much cheaper 5c as a gift...
Maybe I don't want to be cheap when giving a gift...just trying to hear from experienced 5s users so I can decide if it is worth the extra $100 as a gift for someone else. Just wondering if it is worth the upgrade for someone else, nothing will change my opinion on the 5c being a great phone. Just wondering if I should get the 5s for that reason

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
Maybe I am considering one as a gift...over buying the much cheaper 5c as a gift...
Maybe I don't want to be cheap when giving a gift...just trying to hear from experiences 5s users so I can decide if it is worth the extra $100 as a gift for someone else

Imo it is worth the extra 100 but of course that is subjective. Some people prefer the colorful 5c while other prefer just the newest tech.

For me i love touch id, i was one of those that didnt have a password to unlock phone and now i do. Also slo motion is awesome. 64bit and faster processor,camera is just a bonus.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
TouchID is actually really nice! I never thought I'd use it, but I tried it and it does work well.

I haven't used the slow motion camera yet, but it seems like a nice feature.

The A7 processor was the big selling point for me. I keep hearing folks say "nothing utilizes the speed," which could be argued against almost any technological improvement ever. Of course nothing utilizes it, nothing COULD until it existed. In the next few months, more apps in the App Store will convert to 64 bit. More games will be written with support for the new graphics capabilities. It's just newer tech, and that's worth $100 to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.