Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Hi all

I have a kodak all in one printer. I am trying to install the software and drivers for my MBA on mavericks. I download the software to my MBA try and install it and I get a message saying safari is unable to download or install because it's coming from an unknown source or something along the lines of that. However the software is coming direct from the kodak site. So I am not sure what to do now. Tried doing a USB install and that isn't working either. Can anyone advice. It's a kodak esp c315.

Thanks

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Hi,

I think you don't have any problem to download it (I just tried and it works).

Have a look here : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

hi

well this is what I get the attached image
kodak.jpg

this is where i am trying to download from: http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32109/selected/true

Bruno09

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Far from here
You DO have downloaded it.

Now go to System Preferences / Security & Privacy / General tab, open the lock and check "Allow Applications downloaded from : Anywhere".

Then you will be able to install the software.

Then go back to System Preferences and check back "Mac App Store and identified developers".

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
You DO have downloaded it.

Now go to System Preferences / Security & Privacy / General tab, open the lock and check "Allow Applications downloaded from : Anywhere".

Then you will be able to install the software.

Then go back to System Preferences and check back "Mac App Store and identified developers".

Ah I didn't know about that option. Thanks for that. Its working now. :)

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Instead of disabling Gatekeeper, which is a critical security measure in protecting your Mac. Leave the default settings alone and simply hold Control and click on the program. Then select open. This essentially authorizes your Mac to open it though it is not signed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.