Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Serghy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Hi

All of a sudden Maverick is not recognising my login password

I decided to restart the laptop, but nothing now I cannot access.

I can't even reset it as it doesn't recognise my AppleID as well.

I'm 100% sure about both my login password and my AppleID, I'm double testing my AppleID on my iPhone as well and it is correct.

Something to do with keyboard mapping? It shouldn't be as when I type my AppleID email address I type it correctly...

Please help I'm stuck!!!

Thanks

Giacomo

Serghy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Even changing the admin password in recovery mode when I restart my computer the password is still not correct

Serghy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Guys, I understand that asking about password issues is usually very silly

but this is a real issue!

I can change my password in recovery mode as many times as I want but it doesn't matter, when I go back to the log in screen the password is never right.

I have no idea how to fix this

Paulk

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
Sweden
I have the same problem. I got a new apple id but it is not recognised.

I am also asked to verify my bank details so that I can buy apps, even though I don't want to buy anything.

I don't get any further than this, and exit the update and abandon the attempt.

My OS X 10.8.5 is perfectly adequate.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Guys, I understand that asking about password issues is usually very silly

but this is a real issue!

I can change my password in recovery mode as many times as I want but it doesn't matter, when I go back to the log in screen the password is never right.

I have no idea how to fix this
Make an appointment with a Genius at an Apple Store and explain your problem to the Genius.

It sounds like you've already tried what we can suggest.

Serghy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
I went to see a Genius today

he managed to solve the issue without reformatting everything

he quickly explained me how but he wasn't that clear, but he definitively couldn't explain the reason

anyway he installed maverick again on recovery mode and the on single user mode he manage to change the password efficaciously

thanks for the help guys

G

Paulk

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
Sweden
I will have to find an Apple store, the nearest is some 200 km away and we live in a rural area. Meanwhile I will stick with my existing OS X, it works OK.

Apple will have to move with the times and not just keep their old ways and old monopoly thinking.

Thanks for the help, people!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.