Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Dec 23, 2005, 03:42 AM   #1
p0intblank
macrumors 68030

Got the new iPod...

... and I love it! However, I do have one concern and this may to apply to all 5G iPod owners. When the backlight is on, I can actually see the light through the iPod's casing. It's a slight horiztonal line between the screen and the Click Wheel. Anyone else notice this? It's highly noticeable when in a dark room. It's not a big deal since I'll probably be watching all videos in a well lit room. I just want to make sure this is normal... anyone else have this? Thanks!

Oh and my iPod does have a dead pixel. I looked closely and can see one in the top left of the screen. It's not worth returning it for since you can't even notice it when viewing the screen from a normal distance. I can't even locate the dead pixel when close to the screen with a bright display. On a black background, I can notice it, though, but again... that's only if I REALLY get close and actually look for it.

Besides these two minor details, the new iPod is definitely a beauty. The screen is magnificent, the loading is much faster than that of my 3G's and did I mention the screen is magnificent? As usual, great job, Apple!
The #1 source for accessories compatible with Apple's new Mac Pro
Have a suggestion? Contact me here!
p0intblank is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod