Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:19 PM   #1
Mikel30
macrumors newbie

"To allow access please respond on your iPad"

My mom has never backed up her iPad before. Not in iTunes, not in iCloud. I told her to do it, but she I guess she never actually did. Anyway, she busted her LCD and can no longer see anything. Based on some fiddling around and sounds coming from the iPad, the digitizer still seems to be responding. She wants to get a new iPad, so my idea was to sync the old one to iTunes, back it up, and then restore that backup to the new iPad.

Only one problem: when I plug it into iTunes it says "To allow access, please respond on your iPad." Obviously I can't see anything though. Does anyone know what kind of "response" it's asking for? Do I need to put in a password? Do I just need to click an "Accept" bubble? If so, I could try to blindly tap around until it gives approval.

Any other ideas?
Mikel30 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2013, 02:16 AM   #2
mKTank
macrumors 65816

I think it's probably asking to "trust" the computer or not.

Try tapping around the middle of the screen but on the left side only (just so you don't accidentally hit "Don't Trust."
mKTank is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad