Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
I understand if you don't have a device updated to the latest iOS, when you download an app from iTunes you will in fact download the latest version of the app that can run on your device, because previous versions of apps are still available.

Is there any way to select which version of an app you download? For example, the most recent update to an app I want is v3.0.4, but I want v 2.8, which is the last version before iOS 7. All of my devices run iOS 7.

TonyK

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2009
I understand if you don't have a device updated to the latest iOS, when you download an app from iTunes you will in fact download the latest version of the app that can run on your device, because previous versions of apps are still available.

Is there any way to select which version of an app you download? For example, the most recent update to an app I want is v3.0.4, but I want v 2.8, which is the last version before iOS 7. All of my devices run iOS 7.

I don't think so. It probably an automatic thing checking the device and iOS installed.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
There is not a way to select the version. As a side note, not all apps have previous versions available for older versions of iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.