Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
Hello.

I just downloaded and installed about 70 updates for Windows 8.0 and after doing this it tells me I need to download and install a driver update for bootcamp.

I downloaded the latest boot camp driver from apples website 5.0.5033 but when i unzip the file and try to run the setup(doing all of this while on boot camp, not in osx) it tells me the driver is not compatible with this windows version.

I have not upgraded to W8.1

rMBP 13" late 2013

Any ideas?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I downloaded the latest boot camp driver from apples website 5.0.5033 but when i unzip the file and try to run the setup(doing all of this while on boot camp, not in osx) it tells me the driver is not compatible with this windows version....

rMBP 13" late 2013

Your computer can only use the drivers that are downloaded with that computer's Boot Camp Assistant, not the other drivers available to download from Apple's support pages.

Dekard

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2011
Dallas, Texas
what are you wanting to upgrade? Apple hasn't released an update to Bootcamp assistant yet for Windows 8.1, are you missing a driver for something? You can download the drivers for Bootcamp like you did and just install the individual drivers you need from the folders.

----------

Your computer can only use the drivers that are downloaded with that computer's Boot Camp Assistant, not the other drivers available to download from Apple's support pages.

It's the same files.. http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1638

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Yes it is there.. MacBook Pro (Mid 2010) or later that is the latest version of the Apple Bootcamp software.

The document you have linked is out of date and hasn't been updated to reflect the difference, so users would understandably confused. The document I linked http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5634 is more current and clearly states that Boot Camp 5.0.5033 is not for the 2013 Retina MBPs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.