Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RealmUnders

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2013
Hi there guys! 2nd problem of this month :( iPhone 4 after restore is now STUCK on ACTIVATION LOCK !!! (wtf) Asking me for a apple id that used to set up iphone.

Basically, one day my dad dropped my iphone and the screen went fuzzy and you couldn't see ANYTHING and since my phone was still in WARRANTY we went to the Apple store and got a new one. This was before IOS 7 came out and I had IOS 6 so it didn't ask for anything. Now I restored my iphone and before i did i had IOS 7.0.3 and to restore my iPhone it asked me to update to IOS 7.0.4 before restoring and so I did. Now it asks me about a apple id that i don't even know about (w.....@icloud.com) - NEVER HEARD ABOUT.

I live in the UK so if you need me to do something that can only be done in US or EU - I can't :(

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Perhaps the model Apple gave you was not new and/or fully wiped when turned into a refurb - either way take it back to apple.

RealmUnders

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2013
What will they do to it because apparently my phone is jail broken which means it voids something.

RealmUnders

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2013
And also im going Germany in 1 day so yeah it has to be somming quick or a solution that's in Berlin.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
What will they do to it because apparently my phone is jail broken which means it voids something.

Activation lock is a feature of iOS 7, nothing to do with being jailbroken. Unless you jailbroken the phone yourself it's not jailbroken.

As the other user recommended, you'll have to take it to the apple store today and explain the situation. There's no way around the activation lock.

RealmUnders

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2013
Thanks Tyler, gonna do that as soon as my parents come back. Hope they don't get mad at me :/

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
Activation lock is a feature of iOS 7, nothing to do with being jailbroken. Unless you jailbroken the phone yourself it's not jailbroken.

As the other user recommended, you'll have to take it to the apple store today and explain the situation. There's no way around the activation lock.
Untrue for the iPhone 4. 4s and up have not been found...but the basic 4 you can. It is not a job for the weary-hearted. It is a lot of coding, and rooting, and exploring. Im not allowed to talk of such things on this forum, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.