Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnnybegoode

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
Carlisle, Cumbria, UK
Hi all

Slowly getting to grips with some server stuff, interesting learning!
Stumped a bit on installing an SSL certificate - have bought one and am trying to install it on my iMac with Server 3.0.

Error message 'the imported certificate does not match any private key in the keychain'

I generated the CSR directly from Server.app (I'm following We Got Served's Mavericks Server at Home book!) and copied it directly into the SSL vendors website. Just can't get the files they've sent back to install correctly without this error message.

Their support team tell me that the private key is already on my server (yes, I thought that but where do I find the right one - there are lots in Keychain - and what do I do with it when I've found the right one?)

Appreciate a steer or some numpty-level advice on what to do next - any ideas?

Thanks

Johnnybegoode

mac8867

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
When you sent the request for a certificate, you provided a public key, right? Where did you get that key? Was it generated from your server, or copied from the book?

Johnnybegoode

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
Carlisle, Cumbria, UK
I generated a 'certificate signing request' from the server - no mention of public or private keys at that point (although I assume that forms part of the csr file)

The resulting text was copied into the relevant section of the certificate provider's website (and also saved as a text file in case I needed it later...!)

Any ideas what's gone wrong?

thanks

Johnnybegoode

Stu2366

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2014
I generated a 'certificate signing request' from the server - no mention of public or private keys at that point (although I assume that forms part of the csr file)

The resulting text was copied into the relevant section of the certificate provider's website (and also saved as a text file in case I needed it later...!)

Any ideas what's gone wrong?

thanks

Johnnybegoode

Hi Johnnybegoode: I am just wondering if you ever got this solved? I have the same issue on my end and google doesn't seem to be my friend tonight. Any help appreciated. Thanks! Stu

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.