Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 23, 2013, 03:31 PM   #1
ateganda29
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5S screen turns off immediately after boot up

Hello everyone! I recently purchased an unlocked iPhone 5S gold and noticed something that my 5 didn't use to do: when I turn on my phone, after it starts up and shows the white background with black apple logo, the screen immediately sleeps/turns off. I would have to press on the home button or sleep/wake button so I can swipe to unlock my phone. With my iPhone 5, it used to stay on for 2-3 seconds to give me a chance to swipe/unlock my phone before the screen sleeps. But now, my iPhone 5S' screen sleeps immediately that if I don't watch the phone while booting up, I wouldn't even know it's on because it happens just for a split second. Does anyone else have this issue -- or is it even an issue? My husband who has the same one but in silver remain, his screen stays on for 2-3 seconds before sleeping. I was wondering if there are others who's on the same boat as I am. And if so, does anyone know how to adjust that? Thanks in advance!
ateganda29 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2013, 09:20 AM   #2
macornomac
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateganda29 View Post
Hello everyone! I recently purchased an unlocked iPhone 5S gold and noticed something that my 5 didn't use to do: when I turn on my phone, after it starts up and shows the white background with black apple logo, the screen immediately sleeps/turns off. I would have to press on the home button or sleep/wake button so I can swipe to unlock my phone. With my iPhone 5, it used to stay on for 2-3 seconds to give me a chance to swipe/unlock my phone before the screen sleeps. But now, my iPhone 5S' screen sleeps immediately that if I don't watch the phone while booting up, I wouldn't even know it's on because it happens just for a split second. Does anyone else have this issue -- or is it even an issue? My husband who has the same one but in silver remain, his screen stays on for 2-3 seconds before sleeping. I was wondering if there are others who's on the same boat as I am. And if so, does anyone know how to adjust that? Thanks in advance!

My new ipad mini retina cellular does the same thing as your husband. It boots up shows the lock screen for a second then goes black. I have to hit the home button to wake it up. My iphone 4s or ipod doesn't do this. Perhaps this is a new thing with all the new devices. Also someone else said that this is normal too. Weird though just seems like a hassle to wait for boot then goes to screen then sleeps.
macornomac is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2013, 10:06 AM   #3
virginblue4
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateganda29 View Post
My new iPhone 5S also does this.
virginblue4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2013, 10:11 AM   #4
blarivee
macrumors 6502

My iPhone 5S also does this.
blarivee is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone