Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

techtalk.jpeg
Apple has posted the slides and videos from its iOS 7 Tech Talks tour to its Developer web site.

The talks took place this fall at a variety of locations around the world and were geared to both general app developers and those focused specifically on games.
Get in-depth guidance about developing for iOS 7, learn practical coding tips and tricks, and obtain valuable one-on-one programming and design assistance in our lab. Choose which day is best for you -- app developer day or game developer day.
The sixteen talks cover a variety of topics including App Store Distribution and Marketing, Integrating iOS 7 Technologies, User Interface Design, Security and Privacy, and more. They are open to all registered developers, even those that don't pay a yearly subscription fee.

Article Link: Apple Posts iOS 7 'Tech Talk' Videos and Slides to Developer Site

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Apple designer on animations in iOS:

Speed is really important when it comes to animation. People don't want to feel like they're waiting for an animation to complete.

[...]

Keep in mind also that animations start to to feel slower the more times we see them.

So, when you're coming to make final decisions around the timing of animations, make sure you defer that decision for as long as possible. You really want to live with animations for a while before you make those final decisions.

I wonder why he's saying this. ;)

Seems like Apple didn't quite have the time to "live with" their own animations for long enough before 7.1.

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
Apple designer on animations in iOS:

I wonder why he's saying this. ;)

Seems like Apple didn't quite have the time to "live with" their own animations for long enough before 7.1.

Lol yeah seriously! Does that mean they're changing animation speeds in 7.1, or that they're horrible at following their own advise? I've seen tons of people (myself included) who complain about the speed of animations.

Selmon22

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2013
Hi I like this site its a master peace. Glad i discovered this on google. You efforts to provide us so nice and useful information are pretty good.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
I haven't looked, is any of these videos a description of how to differentiate white from white?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.