Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onkzzz

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2013
Coventry, England, UK
I have an iPhone 4S locked to Orange UK that my friend gave to me.
I have the original SIM, he gave it to me.
I have my SIM, Vodafone UK Contract.
I have tried 8 methods of SAM unlocking, none working.
I have noticed that the Orange SIM is deactivated, as its a friends OLD SIM.
I have restored to 7.0.4 multiple times today (4 I think) and re-jailbroken.
I have used the new evasi0n jailbreak to do so.
I have checked my UDID/IMSI/IMEI and nothing shows up.
I have thought that might have something to do with it being deactivated.

I have bashed my head on the wall countless times in the last hour.
I have tried to find help.
I have decided to use these forums.
I have hope; hope for answers.

I will stop using the words "I have".

I pray for a person with adequate sense to answer this forum post.
I thank you all who answer.
:)

Modlin

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2013

SAM has been not working for like 1,5 year? We can do something if you have saved ticket, but a assume that you trying this for first time.

cheesyappleuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Portugal

I'm also looking for someone to tell me that SAM unlock is working...
Have you backed up your old tickets? Because if not it's almost sure it won't work.

----------

SAM has been not working for like 1,5 year? We can do something if you have saved ticket, but a assume that you trying this for first time.

If Apple didn't mess around the unlock tickets they're supposed to last some full three years. Which means after that you simply can't restore the phone.

magicmango

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2013
Same Problem.. all help appreciated!

Hi to the person that started this thread.. I have the same problem, I was wondering di you manage to solve this?

I was ( wrongly ) under the impression that jailbreaking meant unlocking also... I swear last time I jailbroke it unlocks the phone.. anyways

I'm locked to orange and I want to use other sims!

Please help!

Thanks

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hi to the person that started this thread.. I have the same problem, I was wondering di you manage to solve this?

I was ( wrongly ) under the impression that jailbreaking meant unlocking also... I swear last time I jailbroke it unlocks the phone.. anyways

Please help!

Thanks

Get a IMEI unlock from orange

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK

Please help!

Thanks

Jail breaking is not the same as unlocking and never has been.

What country are you from? Orange on the UK will unlock it for a small fee.

Sonic999

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2013
Sorry for barging in, but I too came here looking for info about the SAM method... mainly because I saw this guy on youtube saying that it still works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYt0fyPyA7k
Is he full of *****?

I have an iphone 4, updated by mistake to iOS 7.0.2, which rendered it useless with my local sim (Claro Argentina), "invalid sim", and I couldn't even activate it. Before that it was working with a gevey installed. Just by chance I had a T-MOBILE sim I purchased last year while vacationing in the US, and gave it a shot. To my surprise, this sim worked, but it picks up only one network (Movistar). I even received the usual text message welcoming to the foreign country, and warning about data charges. The iphone is recognized by itunes, I could jailbreak it with evasi0n's latest file... so the last and most important step is missing, having it unlocked. And mind you, I've already tried two unlockers, with their slow service, and they both cancelled because of their sources... and upped their prices. This was after the whole October crisis, in early November, when the unlockers began working their services again. The fast one seems to be working, but the slow ones (7 to 15 working days) are "hit or miss", with last minute cancellations and prices going up.

onkzzz

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2013
Coventry, England, UK

Please help!

Thanks

Sorry for barging in, but I too came here looking for info about the SAM method... mainly because I saw this guy on youtube saying that it still works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYt0fyPyA7k
Is he full of *****?

I have an iphone 4, updated by mistake to iOS 7.0.2, which rendered it useless with my local sim (Claro Argentina), "invalid sim", and I couldn't even activate it. Before that it was working with a gevey installed. Just by chance I had a T-MOBILE sim I purchased last year while vacationing in the US, and gave it a shot. To my surprise, this sim worked, but it picks up only one network (Movistar). I even received the usual text message welcoming to the foreign country, and warning about data charges. The iphone is recognized by itunes, I could jailbreak it with evasi0n's latest file... so the last and most important step is missing, having it unlocked. And mind you, I've already tried two unlockers, with their slow service, and they both cancelled because of their sources... and upped their prices. This was after the whole October crisis, in early November, when the unlockers began working their services again. The fast one seems to be working, but the slow ones (7 to 15 working days) are "hit or miss", with last minute cancellations and prices going up.

Hi guys. I am afraid that I have not found a solution to an unlock..
I have tried an R-SIM 8+ that I got a month ago, but found it to be faulty and didnt wanna buy another one...

...Before that it was working with a gevey installed.....

Did your Gevey work back then? Because the new one might work now too....
Just hoping I dont waste my money this time round...

Anyway, I guess a factory unlock is needed as I no longer can wait for an unlock. I brought an iPhone 4S for a reason: To replace my god damn CrapBerry and iPod Touch 4th Gen.

I am annoyed. Very annoyed. And to you guys I quoted, I feel your pain man.

:apple: :eek:

Thanks for replies guys.

Sonic999

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2013
Did your Gevey work back then? Because the new one might work now too....
Just hoping I dont waste my money this time round...

Anyway, I guess a factory unlock is needed as I no longer can wait for an unlock.

Yup, it was working right before updating to 7.0.2 by mistake :D
I don't know about the latest geveys... I'll just keep trying with the unlockers... third one already. Keeping my fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

macasm

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2014
Hi everyone! Has anyone been able to figure this out?
I also have an Iphone 4 (with iOS 7.0.4) from Movistar Chile and have been unable to unlock it to use it with my Orange Spain sim card. I sent my IMEI number to one of those websites, but they returned me the money because they said they couldn't find my IMEI in the date base.

I am really pissed to have a relly expensive device only useful for playing Candy Crush...

Any suggestions?! Thaaaanks!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I also have an Iphone 4 (with iOS 7.0.4) from Movistar Chile and have been unable to unlock it to use it with my Orange Spain sim card. I sent my IMEI number to one of those websites, but they returned me the money because they said they couldn't find my IMEI in the date base.

I am really pissed to have a relly expensive device only useful for playing Candy Crush...

Certainly you did some "unlock options" research before purchasing the phone :rolleyes:

That prevents you from buying a "relly" expensive device only useful for use as an iPod.

onkzzz

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2013
Coventry, England, UK
To All Looking For A New iOS 7 Unlock.

Well, I've now got my money back after harassing a Chinese seller on eBay for a month. Now i'm off to buy a new R-Sim 9.
I will report the status of it when it comes (whether it works or not.).

Any other luck for you guys?

onkzzz

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2013
Coventry, England, UK

The only *WORKING* (apparently?) solution is to buy an R-Sim 7

cai07

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2014
I just bought my iphone 4 from a friend. He said that it is Unlock and can use any Sim, He didn't say that it was inserted of Gevey to Use it with other Sim. Now when i tried to use my sim it won't work it says NO SERVICE when i checked it, it was upgraded to 5.1, Just a minute ago i read that once you inserted your iPhone with Gevey you shoudn't upgrade it to 5.0.1 or 5.1 it must remain to 4.1 something like that. :'(

I am very upset! Can someone help me?

Is there some other way on how to unlock it?

onkzzz

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2013
Coventry, England, UK
I just bought my iphone 4 from a friend. He said that it is Unlock and can use any Sim, He didn't say that it was inserted of Gevey to Use it with other Sim. Now when i tried to use my sim it won't work it says NO SERVICE when i checked it, it was upgraded to 5.1, Just a minute ago i read that once you inserted your iPhone with Gevey you shoudn't upgrade it to 5.0.1 or 5.1 it must remain to 4.1 something like that. :'(

I am very upset! Can someone help me?

Is there some other way on how to unlock it?

Hi friend.
The best way to unlock it on 5.1 is with UltraSn0w. By the looks of it, you have it the easy way.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
Funny how UltraSn0w gets mentioned tiday. Haven't spoken to Sherif for a while and today he and Ctrlfreq are having a conversation on my FB page. Brings back memories if IRC!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.